Chapter 10

Percy's POV

After dropping off all the girls we headed back home. I thought, why would Annabeth's dad want to meet us? Don't get me wrong I'm glad to have any excuse to be around Annabeth and get to know her but the invite was unexpected. Does her dad often make spontaneous lunch plans like this? I was thinking about it when Leo and Jason brought me back to reality.

"Do you think Grover will let us go?" asked Leo.

"I don't know, it's Grover we're talking about. By the way, remember we're not telling him we're performing at the dance, he won't like us to. He'd want to go through all the company process and I hate the paperwork." I said.

"Why do you think Annabeth's dad wants to meet us?" asked Frank.

"Maybe he thinks one of us is interested or dating her," Jason shrugged.

"But none of us are dating her, in case you haven't noticed," I said

"Not dating but interested. Dude, when are you gonna ask her out? You've been crushing on her since the talent show. You're going to the dance with her for crying out loud! I'd make it quick if I were you." Leo said it like he knew something.

"What? Isn't going to the dance a somewhat date?" I said.

"Nope because we literally said we're going as friends. You haven't asked her out officially," Jason pointed out.

"Whatever. I'll work my way up to it. So have you guys had any ideas for new songs?" I changed the subject.

"No, What about you?" Frank answered.

"I have been working on a few. Nothing fully ready yet."

"Well, this part. . ." I started singing "I know you're just that girl. Your style is crazy, she's a dime."

"Well that's a good start, but we still need fourteen more songs by spring." Leo chimed in.

"I know I just need more inspiration. Hopefully being in high school gives me ideas."

"And what exactly inspired you so far because I have nothing," Frank admitted.

"I don't know. Life, the city, Annabeth," I said

"Oooh, Jackson's in love." Leo teased.

"Shut up Repair Boy. How about you, any luck?"

"Actually yes, I have a concept, people being apart and summer," he said.

"Good we have two songs and thirteen more to go."

We got to our house which is more like a mansion. I went straight to Grover's office. I needed to ask him something besides the lunch plan. I think it will be a good opportunity and not just for the band. We need more songs this will help our songwriter's block. It's all part of the deal we had made. The record label agreed to let us go to public school and in exchange, we wrote fifteen songs for our comeback. That's exactly what we're going to do... somehow.

I knocked on his door, "Hey, Grover got a minute?"

"Sure Perce, what's up," Grover looked up from his laptop.

Grover was a great manager even if at times he can be a bit challenging. He is actually the second manager we've had. We, unfortunately, met him under uncomfortable circumstances. He was about an inch shorter than me, with brown curly hair. He had a very clean and trimmed beard. He was only twenty-two but he was such a workaholic. I don't even think he's had a girlfriend since he started working with us. He was always so busy trying to keep us out of scandals for a personal life. It was like he was our protector. A protector that occasionally enjoyed cheese enchiladas, especially if Leo made his family recipe. Maybe that's why he stuck around so long and put up with us, cheese enchiladas.

"First of all can the guys and I go to lunch with some friends on Sunday after the dance? Secondly, can we maybe add. . . Annabeth in one or two songs?" I held my breath.

"Lunch sounds fine. I'll drop you off myself. I'll make sure no one and I mean no one knows it's you guys." He looked up at me and crossed his arms, "For the second thing, I think you are way in over your head. Have you even asked her if she even wants to be a singer not that I'm saying because that's not my call?"

"No, but I will. Come on G-man, you know she has a great voice. You heard her at the talent show. This would be great publicity and something that will get the fan's attention. Please tell me you'll at least mention it to Apollo?"

"Fine but tell the other guys if they don't already know and I'll see if  Apollo wants to go through something like this. Speaking of Apollo, he called, and he said you should do your best at the dance. He already sent over your setlist. We know about that, you couldn't keep it from us."

I smiled, "Thanks G-man. I'll see you later."

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a snack. I texted the guys to meet me in the music room. I have to tell them everything. Hopefully, luck is on my side, and some god any god helps me out.

-----------

"Apollo has ears everywhere. Isn't that kind of creepy?" Frank questioned. 

"Kind of.  I also have to tell you something, it will help us with our album. I told Grover that I had a proposition for Apollo. If he approves we will have new songs in no time." I said.

"Okay, so what is it?" Jason asked.

"I think we can all agree that we need help writing all the songs on our album?"

"I guess so..."

"Who do know that can sing and potentially write songs?"

"Selena Gomez, Khalid, Harry Styles, Ed Sheeran, or Karol G?" Leo rambled. 

"No, someone who is closer than you expect," I said

"Ohh! I get it now."

"Do you?" I asked, knowing that he didn't

"Yeah... no- I still don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm talking about Annabeth, it's Annabeth."

"How is she going to help us with our album?" asked Frank.

"Because Frank, she can sing and maybe write songs. We can teach and show her how. I talked to Grover maybe he will help convince Apollo." I said.

"Have you ever asked her?" Jason crossed his arms. "Dude, how do you expect her to just agree?"

"No, I haven't asked but I'll take her out and talk."

"So a date?" Jason raised an eyebrow.

"No more like an outing," I said.

"To be honest either way I'm in. I'll be fun working with Blondie," said Leo.

"Great." At that moment I got a text, "Hold up. Guess what?"

"What?" said Frank.

"Apollo wants me to swing by his office after school," I smiled.

Frank raised his hand, "I guess that means I'm in too."

"What about you Jason?" I gave him the baby seal eyes.

He rolled his eyes, "Fine, I'm in. Just stop looking at me like that."

I was excited and I couldn't wait. If Annabeth said yes this would give me the opportunity to get to close to her. This could be just the push I need to get her to like me.

"Awesome, I'll talk to her tomorrow. How hard can it be?"

"Just don't chicken out bro. This is your idea," said Leo.