Chapter 2

I arrived at science with Mr. Moore. I still had three minutes until the bell rang and since it was one of the classes that none of my friends were in I just sat quietly. Suddenly a blonde boy took a seat next to me. I'd never seen him before I guessed he was probably new.

"Hi, I'm Luke I'm new." He introduced himself.

"Hello,  I'm Annabeth nice to meet you." I smiled.

We got to talking and I found out he moved with his family about two weeks ago from Brooklyn. His dad worked as a mailman. He was eighteen and he was thinking of joining the football team. He seemed nice and he was handsome.

We talked all class. Once the bell rang, we exchanged numbers and walked to our next class. The last two classes went by fast and easily. Piper and I waited for the girls near the bronze statue in front of the school building. Once we met up we started walking home.

Calypso spoke up, "Anna, guess what?"

"What?" I responded.

"Well, I was walking towards fifth period and I heard that the school is having its first talent show!" Calypso said.

"And why do I care?" I turned to look at her.

"I thought that maybe you would want to enter. You have a great voice. You're a natural." She jumped in front of me.

"Caly, you know I don't do well in large crowds. I can barely give a presentation without breaking it down. How am I supposed to sing? No thank you."

"You just have to practice and we'll help you. Come on you have potential. Don't you want to know if you're any good?" said Calypso

"I agree with Calypso. It's our senior year, we're supposed to experiment. We'll help get you ready. I know it may not be your dream to be a singer but who knows? You got this!" Piper chimed in.

I stopped walking for a moment and stood there thinking. I didn't like the idea of potentially embarrassing myself in front of the entire school. On the other hand, they were right, it was our last year. Maybe it was time to step out of my comfort zone. If I do embarrass myself it'll blow over in a week there will always be something else instead. I decided to take that risk. This was crazy.

"Annabeth?" Hazel tapped my shoulder.

"Fine, I'll do it. Under one condition. Don't make me sing Madonna." I sighed.

They all screamed with excitement. They immediately got to discussing outfits, songs, hair, makeup, etc. I didn't know what I would be getting myself into. Little did I know that my life would get hectic from one small talent show. The talent show would set off a domino effect. Too late to back out now.

————

Author: I know it might be boring but it's my first one so yeah. I'll try to make them better but I can't promise anything so bye.
~💙📚