Chapter 9

It was Wednesday, three days until the dance. Since I'm going shopping after school I put on something comfortable. I grabbed a piece of toast and went outside and a black SUV parked on the side of the street. It's guys Heroes' car.

"Don't just stand there get in, we're going to be late!" yelled Hazel's head poking out the window.

"Please tell me this isn't going to be a regular thing?" I asked getting into the car and sitting next to Piper

"With cars like these, I'm surprised the media hasn't found out you're going to Goode. Don't they watch you and stuff?" said Calypso

"That's what our manager and publicist are for. So what's the plan after school?" asked Leo

"We're going shopping for the dance. What about you guys? Are you guys ready?"

"Of course! I'm gonna look sexy!" Leo winked.

We all laughed at Leo. When we arrived at school and parked, the car was  surrounded by girls. Then the boys' driver had to get us out of the crowd and inside. On our way in I heard girls asking the guys to the dance. Fans have no fear. They see their favorite artists and act like it's now or never.

"Wow, I thought we wouldn't make it out alive. I forgot what it felt like." Piper said

"You'll get used to it again," said Frank

"Hi, guys, sorry to interrupt but my name's Lacy." I saw Lacy standing in front of us with a clipboard.

"Hey Lacy what's up?" said Piper

"I'm helping organize the winter dance and they've sent me to ask if Heroes could maybe perform at the dance?" she said

"Um, we kinda have dates and we wouldn't want to leave them," said Jason

"Oh don't worry the dance is from 7 to 11 p.m. so you would only play for a half hour ."

"Well are you girls okay with it?" Percy turned to us.

"Yes, that's what we get because we're going to the dance with a famous band. We should've seen it coming." I chuckled.

"Ok then gotta run, there's still so much to do. See you guys around." Lacy waved and left.

————

The day went on and once again I was back in gym class. The warning bell rang so I walked in with Piper, Hazel, and Jason after changing. We were doing badminton, I was pretty good but also not an expert. After it was second with Percy, Calypso, and Leo. We just reviewed for a math quiz next week. I said goodbye to Percy and Cal then left with Leo to science. When we got there I saw Luke sitting at his desk with AirPods on. I tried talking to him but he was distant barely even looking at me. We only exchanged a few words. After Leo and I went to meet the others in the cafeteria.

"Today has been hard. I've had twenty girls asking me to the dance." Percy bragged.

"I've had sixteen so far," Jason said

"I've had ten," said Leo

"Same here," Frank added.

"Must feel familiar huh? Girls just waiting for you guys to be their dates." I asked

"Well someone's jealous," Percy said

"Am not."

"In any case, we let them down slowly." Leo placed his hand on his heart in sympathy.

"Well, you guys aren't the only ones." Calypso laughed.

For the rest of lunch, we talked about classes, and homework, and complained about classes and homework. Since we all have mythology next week walked in together. There were a lot of people staring.