Chapter 13

"I have an answer for you." I stood behind Percy who was with Leo at his locker.

"So, Chase what is your answer?" asked Leo

"Yes. I'll help you guys." I gripped my notebook tightly.

"That's ats great Annabeth!" Percy hugged me and lifted me off the ground.

"Uh, okay if- can just-"

"Oh yeah sorry. It is just the excitement." He set me down on the floor.

"So you came through. Good because sometimes we need a girl's point of view on things too. we need a lot of help and I mean a lot." Leo said stretching out the word.

"Of course, you would Valdez."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"That you need mental help." I laughed

"Para tu información I'm good with mathematics and science which is saying a lot," Leo said defending himself.

"Leo I don't speak Spanish. Remember?"

"It means for your information, Annabeth."

"Ok, whatever you say. I gotta go meet up with Piper, Jason, and Hazel first. Bye, boys." I waved at them

————

"Okay, cupcakes here's the plan. We'll be playing volleyball. The team captains will be McLean and Stoll. Also, try not to get hurt if you do then, you know where the nurse's office is." Coach Hedge said

After picking the teams, we got into position, I was in Piper's team with Jason and Hazel. Obviously, our team won. The next two classes went by fast. I was walking with Leo to lunch when I heard my name in a conversation. I signaled Leo to stop and be quiet. We hid behind the lockers.

"So yeah I heard Percy was going with Annalise." it was Drew and her Barbie friends.

"But her? You are better than her Drew," said Jayden she ly dumber than a potato.

"I know! But I have a plan," said Drew.

"What is it? I'm sure it will be brilliant!" said Natalia she is just the most dirty-minded ever.

"At the dance when Annabelle isn't looking, I'll take him outside and kiss him and you will make sure that the idiot sees it."

How dare she call me an idiot, I have more brains than she will ever, and I mean ever have. I hate that people think I'm just a dumb blonde. She can die for all I care. One less problem for the world. I was walking towards them to beat the shit out of her, but Leo pulled me to the entrance of the cafeteria.

"Leo! You should have let me beat her all the way down to Tartarus, where she can be with the monsters."

"Chase as much as I would pay to beat her ass, you can't have a mark on your record. Percy won't do anything, trust me."

"I know, but she will," I said I started walking towards them again but Leo pulled me to our table.

"What took you guys so long?" Piper looked up to u.

"We had a little run into with some girls," Leo said

"Girls! You mean demons who have the guts, that I will soon rip out, to call me an idiot" I said in full-on anger.

"Calm down Anna," Calypso said softly.

"Okay, okay but we have to devise a plan because I'm not going to let her win."

"To come up with a plan, we have to know why we're doing it," said Jason

"Tell them, Leo."

"Si señorita," Leo explained to the gang what had happened in the hallway.

I just had to come up with a plan because I wasn't gonna let her win. It has to make her leave the dance. Maybe I was going a little overboard but no one calls me dumb. I know that she cares more about her clothes than anything else so that is the target. We have to ruin whatever she's wearing before she can do anything else. I know just how to do it. I had a satisfied look on my face. 

"Remind me not to mess with Annabeth ever," Jason chuckled.  

"You should have seen this guy Hector who asked her out a month ago, she said no, and he tried to put an arm around her and got judo-fliped," Hazel said, setting her sandwich down.

"Poor guy ended up in the nurse's office with a broken arm. I didn't think it was possible." Calypso added.

"In my defense he earned it. Don't put your arm around me unless you want to have a limb broken." I said remembering what Hector had done. He wasn't the most charming guy. 

"Annabeth the smartest girl in the school has a violent side." Percy announced, "If I ever need a bodyguard, you'll be the first one I'll call."

"Thanks for the consideration. I have a plan and it involves all of us. Drew is going to regret calling me an idiot and trying to mess with me." I crossed my arms.

"Ooo who are we getting payback on?" said Travis as he, Katie, Connor, and Miranda came behind us.

"Someone we all hate." Piper turned towards him.

"Oh, Justin Bieber?" Connor asked.

"Yes, but no you idiot. She means Drew."

"Oh- in that case it is even better. Count us in ." Connor said with a smirk.

The Stolls had a reputation for pranking more than half of the school. Last year's 9th graders had it worse they all kept away from them. They thought it would be a good idea to invite all the freshmen to the football field after school hours and chase them around with fake chainsaws and fake blood. Half of the freshmen found out about the school's pranksters and stayed clear out of their way.

"I guess we will just have to expand our plan. Go big or go home am I right?" My mind started analyzing again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy 24th birthday Annabeth/wise girl

~💙📚