Chapter 5

It was almost time. I was super nervous. I kept pacing back and forth and stress-eating pretzel sticks. Not exactly attractive. I was backstage practicing when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around, I tilted my head in confusion. I look up and found a tall, lean, dark-haired guy. My eyes stopped at his... sea-green eyes. Then it hit me who was in the SUV. It was Percy Jackson and his band... Heroes.

"Hey, do you know where the office is we kind of got lost?" He gave a small laugh.

I was brought back to my senses, "Yeah it's down the hall to the right. You should see a sign that says Big House with a picture of a blue house."

"Thanks. You know, you are the first person here who hasn't immediately asked us for an autograph." He mentioned.

"In that case, sorry if my first impression wasn't what you expected," I said irritated. How big of a deal does he think he is?

"No, it's okay really. It's just an observation." He defended himself.

"OMG!" I used a fake happy voice," It's Heroes. Somebody catch me I'm going to faint."

"Umm . . ." Percy looked ashamed.

I looked at them and they all looked confused, "So tell me Percy was that enough for you guys or do you want more? Want to give me a signed headshot?"

"That was good, Blondie." said a member with curly black hair, "I'm Leo by the way."

"Don't call me, Blondie. I have a name you know." I snapped.

"Well, we should go. Like right now." said the blonde one. I think it was the one Piper had a crush on.

They all excused themselves and started walking towards the hallway when Percy turned around "By the way, I think you're pretty chill."

His band was just laughing and saying that he was dumb. I scoffed, who do they think they are? The president of the United States of America?

————

The girls came backstage to give me pep talks. It didn't help my stomach was still turning. I told them about my encounter with Heroes. Needless to say, they didn't agree with my option and actions.

"OMG! YOU TALKED TO THEM!" Calypso practically yelled in my ear, "Did you talk to Leo? What are they like?" He was her favorite.

"He called me Blondie. It annoyed the hell out of me. They didn't seem all too great or special in any way. You could say they were mid."

"Not special? Can I just remind you that they are music sensations, the most gifted people, and not to mention their going to be judges," said Hazel while fanning herself.

"I know right! Even I would kill to go out with one of them" Calypso agreed while I just rolled my eyes.

"Girls, I know they're going to be judges I don't need you reminding me every single minute," I said.

"Well, someone's grumpy," Piper said.

"Plus whatever he said to me, he probably tells it to every girl. he's trying to charm his way into unsuspecting girls." I said

"No, Percy seems too nice to be a player. I should know." Calypso defended him.

"Let's just change the subject okay? Just thinking about them gives me a headache." I suggested.

"Fine," said Piper

"You guys are all going to cheer for me at the talent show right? I'm counting on you being there." I said

"Of course, we are going to." Hazel smiled.