Chapter 46

Tuesday morning everyone else was doing their own things. I was thinking about my recording slot at the studio today. I saw Percy walking towards me.

"Hey, Seaweed Brain."

"Wise Girl I was thinking we should grab coffee at this one place I'd think you'll like."

"I have a studio session after school for two hours."

"Ok pick you up at the studio at 4:30."

"Okay, it's a date." I closed my locker. "Bye Peter Johnson."

"Hey, that's Mr. D's thing."

-----------

"I got a B- on my Greek Mythology and my dad is going to freak," Calypso said as we were walking out. "Mr. Brunner said I could retake it along with two other students on Friday after school."

"That's still better than a C," Hazel said trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah, I guess." She sighed.

"I got an idea. Why don't we all go to my place and hang out and just relax? Help each other with homework or something." Piper said

"Yeah."

"Sure."

"Sorry guys, can't. Need to go to the studio." I said. "But you guys go."

"Okay, but next time," Piper said

"Yeah absolutely."

"Let's go people. Bye, Anna." Percy said

I saw them drive off towards Piper's. My phone beeped and Juniper texted saying she would be here in 5. So I waited outside the school.

"Hey, Annabeth." I looked up from my phone towards the voice.

"Hey, Luke."

"Do you need a ride or something?"

"No my... cousin is picking me up."

"Ok." He sat next to me. "Can I ask you something?"

"I guess." I turned to face him.

"Do you like Percy or any of the other 3 as more than friends?"

Realization hit me as he spoke. Could be a suspect? I don't think so.

"Luke I am just focusing on my education. It is the last year of high school and I'm trying to get into college. You and the other four are like brothers to me."

"Give me a chance to win you over."

"I'm sorry but I can't." I heard a car honking and saw Juniper in the driver's seat. "I gotta go. Bye, Luke."

------------

"Hey, you okay? You've been quiet the whole car ride." Juniper said as she put on my wig.

"No, not really Luke asked me if I liked Percy or any of the other guys and I told him no. That they were like brothers to me. What am I going to do? He's asking way too many questions. One of these days I feel like I'm going to get to the point where something's going to happen and he's going to know that. . . am two different people."

"That sounds tough but you just have to believe in yourself. Fate knows what will happen and where we're going." She said finishing my hair.

"Yeah. Moving on could you get me something casual I'm going on a date with Percy later."

"Sure. How's he been? You know, after the encounter." She said

"He still doesn't want to tell me what she did." I twisted my black hair. "Can you believe him? What happened that was so bad?"

"I don't know either. All I know is that she could've destroyed the band." Juniper said calmly.

"I will find out," I said.

"Yeah."

Minutes later

"All done," Juniper said. "Hurry up. I'll wait in the car."

"Ok be there in a sec."

•2 songs later•

"How is my Greek Princess?" Percy was leaning on the door frame.

"Great. You're early, I'm surprised." I stood on my toes to give him a kiss.

"Thought it would be better early than late." He sat on the couch.

"Yeah. It is perfect though because I want you to hear a song and sing one with me."

"Ok shoot."

"Ok then." I walked inside the booth and he pressed the button.

I came out of the booth and sat next to him, "What do you think?" I asked

"I... Adore it. It stays true to us. To Annabeth and Percy." He hugged me.

"Yeah. I can't believe next week I release it. It still feels like a dream."

"You are my dream." I smiled

"Okay, the next song is a duet." The song is something that I needed to explain to him. "Perce, I have to explain something and I don't want you to freak out or anything."

"Okay?"

"So remember the song, Gladiator?"

"Yeah, why? What about it?"

"Okay. The inspiration was from a dream that I had. It was about us in a different world. It was weird we were fighting things, we fell into darkness. I don't know, it's just what the song explains is what I dreamed of. This song I had another dream like that again. That we were heroes or someone in general so that's why I wrote this song." I said

"So you dreamed about me before we were dating? Does that mean you liked me back then and you didn't tell me huh?" Percy smirked

"That is not the point here, just here," I handed him the music, "Let's practice I still have time to record it. So get it right Seaweed Brain."

"Fine."

"Juniper push the button," I said from the booth. She nodded.

"Awesome. Annabeth do you need me to do anything before I leave?" Juniper said

"Could you go to Piper's house and pick up the clothes for Saturday?"

"Okay see you in a bit. Bye Perce." she waved at Percy.

When she closed the door I turned to look at Percy. "I decided to give Mia the tickets or opportunity or whatever. I thought it was good since she missed the whole fashion show. I think that was a way to make it up to her."

"Did you not want to see us perform something?"

"It's not that. I always hear you perform. You sing in the shower, remember?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"You have a point, I guess."

"The reason why I give her the ticket besides her missing the fashion show and me feeling bad is because did you think of the logistics? How would I be in two places at the same time, being two different people!"

"Oh yeah." He frowned. "I didn't think that one through but in my defense we didn't know you were going to participate. Or that she would win. The judges were the ones who decided, but we were also judges, but that slipped."

I laughed at him, "Let's go Seaweed Brain." I grabbed my stuff.

"Finally and just so you know. I like it way better to sing with you than you seeing it."

I smiled and walked out.