Chapter 63

The Beginning of the End

I sat there in Apollo's office nervous and scared. Grover was there waiting for Apollo to break the silence. From what I could tell his mind was trying to wrap around what I said. In the end, I had enough silence.

"What do I need to do? I blurted out.

"Right- I was just thinking about what to have for dinner. Maybe Greek or something." Apollo chuckled.

"Anyway, what you need to do is simple." Grover chimed in, "You start by..."

Grover told me that I would release two singles in three weeks. Then I would only do two interviews. Then in June, release one last single and no interviews. They told me that by graduation I should be slowly fading away. I trusted that they knew what they were doing. I could only hope it worked.

I pursed my lips before saying, "I'll get started right away."

-------

I told Juniper to drop me off at the Heros' house. On the way over I thought about Percy. He still hasn't fully understood that this is what is best. I got there and noticed a silver car in the driveway. I didn't recognize it. I heard slight yelling from inside. I raced to the door and without a question opened the door. All talking stopped. There in the living room stood Rachel and the guys.

"Finally the superstar wannabe is here." Rachel narrowed her eyes at me.

"Rachel?" I glanced at Percy.

"Annabeth Chase or is it Anaĺia Ace? Who did you choose to be today?" Rachel commented and took a step closer.

"So you know who I am." I crossed my arms, "Now the question is why? Was I that big of a threat to you?"

Rachel scoffed and walked over to Percy. She scanned him and the rest of the guys. She finally sighed and grabbed Percy's face and pressed her lips against his. I stood there with a blank stare. Percy quickly reacted and pull back. I wasn't surprised. I wasn't going to give her any satisfaction. From what I knew about Rachel, it was enough to easily predict her actions. Now it comes down to strategies.

"What I want is simple. I want Percy and my group back. You are in my way." Rachel acknowledged.

"Why do want us, Rachel? We cut our friendship a long time ago." Jason demanded.

Rachel walked over to him, "I miss you guys and our vibe."

"Miss isn't exactly a word in your vocabulary. You didn't even call to apologize, you still haven't." Percy fumed.

My brain thought and analyzed everything she was saying. I was piecing together her words when it hit me. The reason why she did all this. What she said next confirmed it.

"You're right Perce. I'm sorry for what I did. I promise I changed so stay with me. The fans loved us. They said we were the best couple." Rachel held his hand.

I crossed my arms, "Apollo is thinking about not renewing your contract isn't he, Rachel? To top it off, he's ending your contract early." I pointed out.

She scoffed, "Excuse me? I'm Rachel Elizabeth Dare. The best teen actress in New York. "

"Really? Is that what you think? The 'vibe' you were talking about is popularity. You want the band's fame to relaunch yourself. I was with Apollo earlier, his phone kept buzzing with messages. It was your director calling to say he couldn't work with you."

"So? That doesn't prove anything."

"You're right. Except for the fact that Apollo told him that he shouldn't blacklist you and he would take care of it. He had termination papers on his desk, he was planning on ending the contract early." I walked over to her, "You're done for. "