Me and My Insecurities ✰ CC [15]

Start from the beginning

"Crap. Sorry, baby, I didn't mean to wake you." Your girlfriend frowned, her thumb met your cheek and began to stroke it.

"It's okay, I needed to get up anyway. I don't want to sleep the whole day." You cracked a smile, which earned one from Camila. You feared that maybe the smile she was wearing wasn't genuine. 

Adding to the conversation and pretending like you weren't awake, you asked, "Were you taking a nap, too?"

"No, I was on the balcony for a bit and then decided to join you," Camila replied.

"Well, I'm glad you did." Your smile grew a little wider. "I like waking up next to you, it's like having sleeping beauty beside me except she's awake." You joked.

Camila chuckled, "You're adorable." she claimed. You shut your eyes when she leaned in for a surprisingly short kiss. When she unlocked her lips from yours, she still stayed in the same position. Your faces were inches apart, your lips were dangerously close to each other's, and you two admired each other's beauty despite being so close together.

"You know you're absolutely stunning, right?" You asked. You were devasted to know that Camila struggled with insecurities. Of course, you understood because you suffer from your own.

"Yeah, um, okay. Thank you." She cleared her throat, beginning to feel uncomfortable.

"Believe me when I say you're beautiful." You said with a reassuring smile.

Usually, Camila blushes at your compliments, but she felt it wasn't right in her mind to accept because she believed it wasn't true. Boy, if you knew that, you wouldn't know what to do with yourself.

"Okay." See? Camila is now creating such short answers.

"I wish you could see what I could see." You admitted.

Camila raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?" 

"I mean, I wish you could see how I view you in my eyes. Or really, how the rest of the world views you." You continued, "There are not enough words to express how gorgeous I find you. Whether it's the features anywhere on your body or the features within, you're so perfect. The only flaw you have is you think you have flaws."

Camila positioned herself to a position where her body leaned up against the headboard, her lower back on top of her pillow. Her cheeks were now pink despite that she still didn't believe that she was gorgeous. Her eyes started to well up with tears but this time, she didn't fight them like she did out on the balcony. You moved to kneel down on the bed, your knees dipping into the mattress. You wiped Camila's tears away without hesitation, you didn't like seeing your girlfriend cry.

"Cam, tell me what's wrong." You said, gently to not alarm her.

You were thrown off by the new pair of arms wrapping around your waist, pulling you into a bone-crushing hug. But of course, you accepted the hug. Your girlfriend was in dying need of comfort and if there was anything to put that smile on her face again, you'd do it.

"I don't know, Y/N, something's just wrong with me," Camila uttered out after trying to not choke on her tears. Her arms were still tightly wrapped around you, her tears were damping your shoulder, though, you didn't mind one bit. You climbed on top of her lap for more comfort to hug her.

"There's nothing wrong with you. You're nothing whatever your mind tells you negatively." You said.

"No, everything's wrong with me. I let the small things get to me, I let people get to me, I bottle up emotions I shouldn't even bottle up, I put people's feelings before mine. I give things to people and they're just so quick to take. Nothing I do seems right anymore. Any friendship I try to make, just any human I encounter, I find some way to fuck it up. I'm surprised I haven't fucked us up." Camila said.