Chapter 83: Regrets and Redemption

Throwback
Five weeks ago(a day after Jiang's plan was foiled)

"Where are you going, Hyun?"

Hyun turned and saw Mr Wu, JiHoon's butler standing on the doorway.

"I'm packing..." Hyun said as he continued to pack his clothes, "I need to clear my head a little bit, sir...I'm going for a holiday..." he had been by JiHoon's side, practically since birth. He had followed the man and devoted his entire life thus far to the man.

After everything that had happened; the unfolding of all these events; that nearly took his life and nearly cost the life of JiHoon as well, Hyun thought he needed to get away from everything for a while.

He had the biggest eye opening revelation ; when the people he once felt like trampling on, without regards to their thoughts and feelings; the same people became their saviour.

If Feng JianYu and president Wang Qing hadn't lend a hand in this ; the city of Kwon would most probably be in ruin right now; and JiHoon might have died, not in the hands of those people they considered their enemy but in the hand of the one person JiHoon  trusted the most.

After what had happened; Hyun knew that he need to reconstruct his emotions and this belief again. They grew up; believing that they're superior than everybody else because they're from the city of kings. He grew up believing that the city of Wang and the city of Baron, and the cities' presidents are their enemies. Hyun grew up believing that he would do anything for the President; to the point of giving himself up to the President of the city of Wang, as an exchange for the nurturer.

He thought that it was his proof of love and devotion to JiHoon. And that's why, he couldn't understand why Feng JianYu and Wang Qing made a fuss about giving their body to another person. He thought that it was naive and stupid of them to value their body more than their cause. The body is just a vessel and a tool to have sex. That's all.

But now; Hyun was not so sure anymore. He saw how strong President Wang Qing and Feng JianYu's love for each other was. He remembered how, both President Wang Qing and Feng JianYu protected their bodies as if they're sacred. Compared to him; who claimed that he loved JiHoon but still slept with anybody he liked. Perhaps that's why, he couldn't protect JiHoon as best as he could. Hyun almost failed President JiHoon.

Perhaps, I am not really the one for JiHoon  hyung. Hyun thought. Perhaps, I'm just too jaded, too loose to be his fated Omega. Perhaps there is someone else much more suited to be JiHoon hyung's mate. Someone like Feng JianYu who were able to give all of himself to his mate. Pure and unsoiled. Unlike me. So I need to leave his side so that he could find someone better. I'm just a hindrance to him here.

"Sir, have you talked to the President about this?" Mr Wu asked, watching Hyun packing up his clothes, worriedly.

"The President is recuperating...He doesn't need to be bothered with things like this, Mr Wu." Hyun replied and gave Mr. Wu a warning look. JiHoon woke up yesterday morning after sleeping for one whole day the day before that. Then he made a press conference in the afternoon, after gathering every evidence that proved Mr Jiang's act of treason. He also asked for the bodies of the unfortunate Alphas who died and dumped in one mass grave behind the facility to be given proper burial. With that, he also announced that the medical facility would be closed down and the subjects of experiments were to be transfered to another facility.

It was a sad sad day yesterday, as everything unfolded to the people of the City of Kwon; the betrayal of their Elder, the monstrous experiments that cost lives, the war they almost started, which would have cost them more lost of lives. And JiHoon never once, called out to him. Even though they're living in the same house; the Kwon family home. Of course, their quarters is almost seven minutes or so apart from each other but, they are still living on the same ground.