Chapter 73: Dream

"Help us, Feng JianYu

"Help us, Feng JianYu....!" Dayu blinked, he's seeing Hyun in front of him. This is a dream. Dayu vaguely realised that.

"I can't be here for long..I took a chance to come and talk to you, I didn't know if I would be able to reach you...I had never tried coming into the dream of someone whose so far away from me..." Hyun's was getting more blurry and his voice was getting more faint, "maybe I'll use up all my power with this...But this is something that I had to do.."

"Hyun..?" Dayu frowned, he looked very very pale and haggard. He was different than how Dayu remembered him to be, the last time Hyun was here, "what's going on? We saw those blue dots indicating that protectors were appearing in alarming numbers in your city..? Do you know something about that?"

"That's why I'm here now...Our Elder..Mr Jiang had gone crazy...He and that Dr from the city of Wang were creating monsters...!" Hyun cried, "They made a serum. When they inject the serum into normal Alphas, they would turn into protectors..."

"Serum..??" Dayu reckon that much, "so, they really made such thing..? But..To make the serum they would need to harvest the DNA cell from a protector himself..." then Dayu gasped, as he looked at the desperate and grieving Hyun.

"They took it from The President. The first time they did, they only took a small sample. They tried cloning his cell but the cloned cell degenerated too quickly hence they knew that they needed real ones." Hyun shivered, "they took the President to the research center and he had never been out since. I tried calling out to the President in his sleep but..He refused me. He's in such a weak state already and yet, he's still trusting Mr Jiang!!"

"They're harvesting his cell?"

"Yes!" Hyun nodded, and realised that he's getting more blurry, as he looked at his hands and then body, "I'm going to disappear soon...! Please, tell me that you're going to help the President!"

"You're a dream catcher..You could control people; Omegas and Betas in their dreams..Why didn't you use your power on Mr Jiang or Dr Ma..?" Dayu asked, questioningly, looking at Hyun waiting for his reaction. Dayu knew that Hyun could only enter the dreams of an alpha but couldn't use it to control him, but as for Omegas and Betas, Hyun could. Except for Dayu.

"I am binded by my vow..To the President. I vowed to him that I would not use my power on the city's important people, including Mr Jiang and that Dr Ma.." so Hyun could not control Mr Jiang, because he's the city's Elder and he couldn't control Dr Ma because, he's also one of the city's important people.

"That's absurd! If the President is danger because of that person, why should a vow stop you from saving him?" Dayu hissed, he's goading Hyun because there so much that this guy was still hiding from him. Dayu had no doubt that this is a genuine plea for help from Hyun but, he's not giving dayu all the facts. Dayu needed them all.

"I can't!!! My vow...My vow...If I break it, it would hurt the President!!" Hyun cried desperately , "Feng JianYu..! Please..Tell me that you'll help the President..! I don't think he could withstand the experiment much further..But he'd rather die than deny the Elder."