Chapter 33: Friendship

"Adelia

"Adelia.." Dayu called out to the young girl who was still looking at Dayu warily.

"Uhm..Yes, your excellency..." the very shy and very polite girl bowed to Dayu, flustered and  very much in shock. She hadn't expected that the nurturer, the most powerful Omega to talk to her.

She had been trying to keep low, and just kept to herself, while her President and the President of the city of Wang talked to each other. She was still in a daze, because the President had just declared his intention towards her in front of everybody just now. She had prepared herself before  coming to the city of Wang with the Baron entourage, to do her part to help her President. Even if she had to sacrifice herself, she would have done so, for President Dean. She had been in love with him for several years now, even though she hadn't told anybody else about it and she's determined to forget about the President so that the President could be with the nurturer.

So, knowing that the President felt the same way about her, really came as a shock. Not to mention that she also felt intimidated by President Wang Qing's mate who happened to be the nurturer. She didn't expect the nurturer would strike up a conversation with her at all.

"Please..Don't call me that..I was just a farmer you know, before I met the President." Dayu said, "I am no royalty..In fact I am the most common of commoner...Just call me Dayu.."

Adelia looked at Dayu in shock once again. She blinked up at him, perhaps assessing whether Dayu was telling the truth or was just pulling her leg. But Dayu nodded and smiled. Assuring the girl that what he was saying was indeed the truth.

"A farmer..?" She asked, "really..?" Then she realised that she had just put her thought out loud, she turned red and bowed down again, "sorry...That was rude of me.."

Dayu smiled, again. "It's okay..You're just asking..Yes...It was the truth..I was a farmer..I came from the village..Not the city..." he said.

And finally Adelia's expression softened, as she inhaled and exhaled deeply, "I was born in a village too. But I was sold into a family of Betas in the city...They loved me though, as though I was their own child.."