Prologue : The Hierarchy

In this world, there is only one test that was important, as it will determine who you would be and what's your place in the society

The test, you take when you're twelve, The Coming of Age test. All parents would bring their children to the Test Centre to get them tested.

The kids would be issued new identification cards which they could use, from then on.

If the child is an Alpha; he or she would be given a blue Identification card. If the child is a Beta; he or she would be given a white Identification card. If the child is an omega; he or she would be given a red Identification card.

An alpha would be prioritised in everything. As they are considered to be the dominant, the stronger and the more intelligent ones. They would be entrusted with the higher level of jobs and administration works within the society. Majority of the white collar jobs are filled in by Alphas.

A Beta would be working a level below the Alphas. If the Alphas dominated the CEO, Presidents, Vice Presidents and Chief Directors positions, the Betas would usually fill the job positions after that. Betas, being the majority in the society, would occupy jobs ranging from the middle level of the white collar jobs until the blue collar ones.

Years ago, Omegas, usually took jobs like teaching small children or nursing small kids and elderly citizens in health facilities, which doesn't require them to work with adult Alphas or Betas. The reason being that they were always  deemed to have the weakest physical strength and questionable integrity and stability, as they suffered a health condition where they would be having their monthly week of 'Black Out' heat. They would become emotionally unstable and produce powerful mating pheromones that would drive Alphas crazy. The pheromones would be causing ruckus amongst the alphas if they're within 100 metres radius of an Omega, in heat. Though, some very powerful Alphas could resist the pheromones but most couldn't.

Cases of omegas being raped so bad that they died because of internal injuries was the reason why Omegas and Alphas have always had a strained relationship. But recently, the conditions had been improving with the breakthrough in medical; Omegas were now able to control their heat by taking medicines and suppressants shots, making them open to new career possibilities.