Chapter 71: Tampering with Fate

"Qing, what's going on?"

Qing turned sharply, to see Dayu, nine months pregnant, standing on the doorway.

"Dayu...What are you doing here??" Qing asked; his expression became even more ashen, "please..." Qing walked over to him and tried to take Dayu into his arms.

"What's that?" Dayu saw blue dots on the screen of the The Seer. And he knew, that blue dots indicates Alphas with power enough to be a protector. He was used to seeing blue dots on The Seer, but usually, there were only three blue dots. In three different founding cities.

This time however, Dayu was seeing too many blue dots on the screen of The Seer. And all of them, save two, were detected at the same place. The City of Kwon.

Qing embraced Dayu, still trying to get Dayu out of the room, he gave a killer look to the bodyguards he had put in charge of Dayu. They had just arrived, breathing hard because they had to run to catch up to The President's wife. Qing specifically gave them an order to keep Dayu away from the Elder's chamber. How in world did Dayu managed to get away from his bodyguards, in his condition?

Dayu's stomach was so big and heavy now, that it was hard for him to even walk quickly. Dayu couldn't sit or sleep comfortably for several months now, because of his pregnancy. Yet; somehow, Dayu was able to outrun his bodyguards this time. He was not even breathing that harsh unlike the bodyguards assigned to him.

"Qing..It's too late..Just let Dayu come in..." Madam Wang called out to Qing, then, seeing that Dayu's attention was fixed on The Seer's screen.

Qing heaved a very heavy breath, looking at Dayu, "Dayu ah..You shouldn't be here..!" Qing was afraid that this would be too stressful to Dayu. And he didn't want anything to upset dayu now; not in his condition. Not when Dayu could deliver their baby anytime, now.

"And, why shouldn't I?" Dayu shrugged off Qing's hold and walked in, as Qing gave a resigned sigh. He threw one more dagger look at the bodyguards who didn't managed to keep Dayu away before he turned back into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Why are there suddenly that many blue dots in that particular place, Grandmother? That's the city of Kwon..right?"

Madam Wang nodded, "You better sit down first..Dayu ah.." she said.

"What's going on?" Dayu asked again, he didn't like this; what he's seeing on The Seer's and what he's feeling in the atmosphere, the look on Qing's and his grandmother's face, were all making him squirm in worry.

"Do you remember, when I told you that Dr Ma, had went to the city of Kwon and made Mr Jiang the benefactor for his research ?" Qing asked, carefully.

"Yes.." Dayu nodded, feeling more and more anxious, upon hearing that name.

"Dr Ma was making a research on the molecular level of an Alpha and an Omega's DNA..." Qing explained, "it meant that-"