Chapter 44: Nervous

Wedding is stressful

Wedding is stressful. And this is only just the beginning.

"You're okay..?" Qing reached out to Dayu who had been standing by the window, looking down at the garden below, for quiet some time. Qing snaked his arms around Dayu from behind, then; back hugging Dayu lovingly.

"Yes.." Dayu nodded, "I'm just a little nervous..." he said honestly.

"Hey..Don't be nervous...I said, I will be there with you, every step of the way..." Qing kissed Dayu's hair, "didn't I?"

Two days after Qing's grandmother told Qing and Dayu about Dayu's condition, Qing and Dayu were summoned again to the Elder's Chamber; which had been off limit all these years, now became the place for the family meetings.

And because two days before, Qing and Dayu were given one of the hardest news for them to take, they were very apprehensive coming there the second time around.

This time, Qing and Dayu were met by all of the grown ups in the family, instead of just his grandmother. And his parents were beaming at them both, when they came.

As soon as Qing stepped in the room; he knew that there's nothing to worry about this time. His family; despite knowing that he could read their minds and their thoughts they couldn't hide their thoughts from him.

"We will not postpone the wedding anymore. The baby is coming and its better to have the wedding before Dayu really became expecting." The Elder said, and when she saw Dayu's guilty look, she quickly added, "it's not because it's shameful or anything like that..Dayu ah..Don't think about negative things like that. It doesn't matter when you get pregnant; what matters is that, you're going to have the next heir to the Wang clan." She reminded Dayu, correctly interpreting Dayu's reaction, "the reason why we want to get through with the wedding as soon as possible is because; we didn't want you to get too tired for the wedding..Once you're expecting your body would experience a lot of change and your hormones would not be normal..it would be too stressful for you..We can't have that. It will affect the baby."

"Oh..." Dayu blinked, feeling guilty because he thought that he was being reprimanded because he got pregnant before the marriage. Though, it wasn't all Dayu's fault. If anything, it was Qing's fault more because he was the one who couldn't keep his hands off me. Dayu thought. But, as it turned out, it wasn't for that reason that the family wanted them to have their wedding ASAP.

The family was worried over his conditions, and the baby's condition.

"This will be your schedule for the marriage preparation.." madam Wang gave Qing and Dayu a piece of A4 papers containing their scheduled wedding prep, "and we had also sent the copy to both of your cell phone..."

Qing and Dayu looked at their schedule and Dayu literally gasped, as he saw the schedule of what they will need to do for the wedding.

Dayu breathed in deeply as he looked at Qing helplessly. Qing held Dayu's hand and smiled at Dayu as he squeezed Dayu's hand reassuringly.