Chapter 64: Craving

Madam Wang and Mrs Wang; Qing's grandmother and mother, sighed as they exchanged look with each other

Dayu's personal Butler, had hurriedly come to see them to report of yet another of Dayu's 'sudden' craving. Dayu suddenly craved gardening. Dayu hadn't only been having strange and sudden craving for food, but he had also been having constant craving to so certain things.

Dayu once craved to paint some things. And they gave him one of the room in the family home to paint. Which he painted green. It was a stark contrast to the rest of the white walls, and Dayu thought it was strange, he painted every walls green then. After he was done however, he looked at the room and found it too green; so he painted a white polka dot on the wall. Dayu then changed his mind yet again and did something else.

The family never expected that Dayu would paint the whole room; they thought he's only be able to pain one wall and then they'd deal with the rest. By the time they came to check on Dayu, they came across a room with the views of Dayu's village painted on the wall.

In just two hours; Dayu had finished painting every wall; reminding the family of his power as the nurturer. Dayu might be pregnant but he's still powerful. And they didn't even knew that Dayu had actually painted the wall a few times over. The family then fussed over Dayu, afraid that he would be too fatigue from the work; they would surely face Qing's wrath if he learnt that they let Dayu do something that tire him out. But, Dayu didn't show any sign of being tired at all. He just continued the rest of the day, then by reading books at the library.

Dayu's mood swings included him being angry at his Butler(who was Qing's head Butler) for not letting him do anything. So, Dayu ran away from him. It was like they're playing hide and seek. Funny, though because the next day, Dayu would become so obedient that he insisted his butler to sit with him at the library and had their book discussion. And they had been spending almost three months being at odds with each other like that. Today they're the best of friends and then tomorrow Dayu would get angry at him and run away from him.

And today, they're back to being best friends but unlike before; Dayu didn't want them to discuss about books. Instead he wanted to discuss about plants while they do some gardening together.

The problem is, it's already been three hours; and still Dayu was at the garden; under the sun (even though since he had been working at the garden, the sun had been blocked by some thick clouds) it's still hot. Dayu was doing some really serious gardening. He's doing something that was really making his assigned butler, lose his head with worry. And as Dayu wouldn't listen to him when he asked him to stop, the butler went and told them (Qing's mother and grandmother) about it, hoping they could do something about it.

Madam Wang and Mrs Wang listened to what Mr Ma (the butler) had to say and then hurriedly walked to the garden.  As Mr Ma had said; Dayu was there, by this time he had already loosen up quiet a considerable amount of ground and was making some vegetable beds. The gardeners were also doing their job, trying to keep up with the President's wife but clearly, their skills in farming were far below that of his. They could only watch in shock and in awe.