Chapter 29: Home Turf

"I'm sorry child

"I'm sorry child. You had to be dragged to the main house, like this.."

Dayu bowed as he looked at the Elder of the Wang family, "I understand.." he had heard everything back there at the restaurant.

He woke up, and found that Qing wasn't next to him, immediately he was jolted off the bed, with his heard drumming painfully against his chest. And he wore his clothes in such haste. He was already darting outside, running with the bodyguards scrambling behind him. And it was almost telepathic the way Dayu was moving where his heart was taking him, subconsciously.

He gained full consciousness when he was at the restaurant door, as he saw Qing with his grandmother. Dayu stopped as he sensed the tense atmosphere in the air, and he also noticed how disturbed Qing was. Qing didnt even realised that he's there, when Qing could sense Dayu first everytime before.

And so, Dayu stood there, listening to everything Qing and his grandmother were discussing. He realised it then, probably for the first time since he was caught up in all of these; that everything had really changed.

He had accepted that he has a mate; really accepted it without having any doubts at all. But he still didn't know whether he was right for the role as his mate's formal partner; because of their different upbringings.

Yet, as he stood by the door, listening to the Qing and his grandmother; everything became  clear.

He is the nurturer. His mother had told him about it, when Dayu first realised that he's developing some kind of strange ability.

His first ability was when he realised that he could influence someone using only his mind. Dayu, Shu and a few of the students wanted to skip school to go to his very first vegetable farm excitedly and they were caught climbing up the school gate by a teacher. In panic Dayu begged the teacher at that time to let them go and go back to the school as if nothing happened.

And the teacher really did. It shocked all his friends but they didn't question it much, just thankful that the teacher let them off the hook. They thought that it was only the teacher acting out of her understanding and pity towards them.