Chapter 54: Chance

Qing glanced at Dayu, as he drove them back to Dayu's house

Qing glanced at Dayu, as he drove them back to Dayu's house. Dayu was looking outside, lost in thoughts.

The visit to the Village Head's house was a success. He had been accepted to be a part of the family. Formally. Dayu couldn't ditch him, that easily now.

"Why are you so quiet?" Qing asked willing for Dayu to look at him, not really liking it when he couldn't see Dayu's expression because he kept looking out of the window.

"Why are you doing this?" Dayu asked, still looking out, "you don't have to go to such extent..I had told you that I won't leave, right..? I will not take the child away from you.."

Qing gritted his teeth, then he inhaled deep before he swivelled the car to the side of the road and parked there.

Dayu gasped, and turned to look at Qing in surprise. "What's wrong? Why are we stopping?" Dayu asked.

"I'm sorry Dayu ah..But we really need to talk this out..Again..." Qing replied. He sighed then he turned to face Dayu. He had had this conversation with Dayu before and Dayu distrusted everything he said at that time; hence Qing promised Dayu and himself that he would make Dayu believe in him again; no matter how long it took. But that doesn't mean that Qing wouldn't try to talk it out with dayu again. Talking about these things; apologising, telling Dayu of his feelings; these are all part of his effort to make Dayu believe in him once more.

"I know that I had told you that I would be patient..I will make you trust in me again..." Qing began, "I know I deserve everything coming my way. Your distrust, your wariness and your coldness, I deserve them all for hurting you..."

And he's willing to take everything, "but, please...Please look at me too...Look at my heart as well...You can feel it...right? You can feel my love..." Qing asked beseechingly, "why I didn't feel your presence that time, wasn't because my feelings for that person is bigger than what I felt for you..It's because he was not a threat to you at all in my heart...I kissed him because it's what I used to do..Which I stupidly did because I didn't think of the kiss that much. He's like family...Dayu ah.." Qing said, willing Dayu to hear the truth in his every word, "I had never thought that you would interpret it as something else. That's why I didn't think of the hug and the kiss being something wrong...I am sorry. I was wrong. He was not family. And I should not have hugged him and kissed him- no matter what.."