Chapter 28: Heart Choice

A faint knock on the door woke Qing up

A faint knock on the door woke Qing up. He glanced at Dayu who's still asleep in his arms.

He looked at the door and read the thoughts of his bodyguard on the other side of the door.

Qing gasped. Grandmother is here? At the restaurant. Qing didn't want to leave Dayu but, looked like it's something serious, for his grandmother to come to the Sanctuary at a time like this. When she had already given him one week to be with Dayu.

Something's not right! Qing thought. Then, he carefully laid Dayu on the pillow, tucking him under the blanket.

"I love you...!" Qing planted a small kiss on Dayu's forehead, careful not to wake him up, and then slipped put of the bed. He got dressed quickly and brushed his fingers on Dayu's cheek before walking out.

"My apology, sir. But, your grandmother is here. She had just arrived and she's waiting at the restaurant." his head bodyguard bowed down as he reported to him.

Qing nodded, "Right." Then, he closed the door behind him, "stay here, on guard.."

"Yes, sir."

Then Qing walked towards the restaurant with one of his junior bodyguards leaving the senior ones guarding the cottage.

Qing usually didn't have that many bodyguards around but, he had been having this restless feelings ever since he met Dayu.

Maybe because he had found his soul mate and nurturer, that he's getting a little bit delusional. It's not as if there were ever really a threat to him before this. The last time someone tried to attack him, was six years ago; it was an unstable older Omega he rejected, who tried attacking him with her brothers. And needless to say that the attack didn't go well. Qing managed to defeat all assailants without the help of his bodyguards.

And there had been no incidents since. Everybody knew just how strong the Alpha of the Wang city  founding family was and nobody would want to mess with him. Hence, he only ever took a few bodyguards with him wherever he went; only as formality. And only to silence the Main House from getting on his nerves by accusing him of being reckless.