Chapter 26: Falling

"These are the staff

"These are the staff.." Qing introduced the kitchen staff to Dayu.

"Hello..!" Dayu bowed down, giving them his grateful smile, "the food was exceptional!"

Qing was bombarded with lots of besotted thoughts for Dayu then; his kitchen staff immediately fell for Dayu's smile.

"And this, is Feng JianYu, your boss's partner and soon-to-be wife." Qing introduced Dayu to the staff, clearly emphasizing Dayu's role in his life, because he's jealous of his staffs' thoughts. It's childish, he knew. He had lived until now, knowing exactly how to control his response to people's thoughts. And he was able to control his emotions for years.

But, Qing couldn't take it that easily though when it comes to Dayu. He couldn't control himself from getting jealous and acting on that jealousy. He's Dayu's Alpha after all; although before meeting Dayu, his soulmate, he thought that he wouldn't be as jealous and as possessive as other Alphas. Now, he knew he's just the same as the others. Maybe even worse. Yes. Definitely worse.

The staff understood Qing's warning. But, even though they understood that the person they were looking at was the boss person they still couldn't help but admire him.

Hence, Qing pulled Dayu closer to him and draped his whole arm around Dayu's waist. He couldn't stop people from admiring Dayu, but he could at least convince his heart not to take offence by acting like Dayu's mate. Which he is. Nobody else could do these things with Dayu other that me. Qing told himself.

Again. Childish. But if he didn't do this, then he might end up doing something else far worse; like maybe sucking the air off the people who eyed Dayu with interest. He could hurt people. So, instead of doing that, it's better to stake a claim on Dayu.

Dayu gave Qing a surprised look, but he didn't push Qing away. Something Dayu didn't really feel like doing anymore. Qing's touch felt so good he didn't have the heart to lie and say that it doesn't make him feel nice anymore. No. Dayu would start to accept his feelings now. He liked Qing's touch.

It made Dayu feel shy, because there were people around and they could see what's happening, but, Dayu would swallow the shyness for Qing's touch.