Chapter 70: Worries

Dayu looked at Qing, suspiciously

"There's something on your mind..And it worries you...But you don't want me to know about it..." Dayu was standing up, his hands on his hips, with his stomach so very clearly protruding in front of him, now.

Qing gasped; Dayu looked so cute in that particular position, with his glowing skin and rosy cheeks; Qing's breath stopped and his heart skipped a beat. Dayu didn't gain much weight, and thus his body didn't change much at any other places apart from around his midriff. He's already a little more than 8 months into his pregnancy now.

Yet, despite his condition, Dayu was getting more and more active. And the garden had not stopped flowering ever since their wedding day.

It had became apparent, that one of Dayu's suppressed ability, was his capability to control the weather. Yet, it was one of his ability that he still couldn't quiet able to control yet. There were times when he was not in the mood, when everything he saw made him so sensitive; it rained cats and dogs all morning, then all of a sudden, Dayu's mood switched, and immediately the sun began to shine. Dayu didn't even realised that he's influencing the weather. Hence, Qing knew that Dayu was not yet in control of this ability.

"So..You can read minds now?" Qing teased, trying to lighten up the mood. He really is worried. Dr Ma, his former mentor whom he used to treasure so much and whom he felt a sense of family love, was in the City of Kwon, doing a research on the molecular component of the blood of Alpha, Beta and Omega. His research was being funded by Mr Jiang; the Elder of the Kwon family.

It worried him because, he and the doctor didn't part ways that amicably because the doctor finally confessed to him and he couldn't reciprocate his feelings. Yes, they didn't fight or anything like that but, he knew that Dr Ma was heart broken. The man had been looking at him, as more than friends for a long time, expertly hiding his thoughts away from Qing.

And now that he knew that Qing would never return his feelings, he decided to go to the city of Kwon and conduct his research there.

What worried Qing was; exactly what was worrying his grandmother. Dr Ma decision to suddenly collaborate with Mr Jiang; really smelt fishy. Qing trusted Dr Ma, but Qing didn't know if he could continue to trust him because, like his grandmother said; love can change a person. Especially unrequited love.

"I don't have to be a mind reader to know that there's something wrong and that you're keeping it away from me..!" Dayu's eyes narrowed, "don't tell me, it has got something to do with your beloved doctor !" What else could Qing be keeping away from him apart from something that concerned that doctor; Dr Ma.

"He's not my beloved doctor..!" Qing hissed, "you're my only beloved!"

"So..It is about him...!" Dayu looked at Qing, with his body posture once again, was in a defiant position.

"Dr Ma..He left the city...." Qing said, knowing that there's no use in stalling on it anymore. He had been meaning to tell Dayu about it, anyway. He just didn't like talking about Dr Ma with Dayu. Dayu had everything correct when he saw him and Dr Ma the first time. Not on him loving the doctor part, though; that's way off mark but, Dr Ma was in love with him just like Dayu had noticed. And he's foolish enough not to realise it. Qing hated himself, because he caused Dayu to run away and doubt his love; to this day, Qing still wasn't sure if Dayu trusted him fully or was he still doubting him. That's why Qing really didn't like talking about this with Dayu.