She took a deep breath relaxing in his arm listening to his heart beat. This always made her feel close to him.

"What's going on in yo head baybeh" August asked as he rubbed her arm lightly.

"Too much"

"Let me in" he almost begged. He was honestly feeling the same as her. He was scared that one day she would leave him if he wasn't doing enough for her.

He tried his best to provide for her and take care of her, but at times he felt it wasn't enough. He imagined spending his life with her but wondered if she still felt that way.

Lena was always closed off in a way so trying to read her mind was impossible at times.

"I'm just... I don't know. I don't wanna put it on you"

He honestly was hurt hearing her say that. He wanted her to tell him everything in a selfish way almost.

"Das what I'm hea' for Lena. You can tell me anything"

She sat up a little to look him in his eyes.

"I don't want to go to Memphis"

"Why?"

"I'm scared. Something bad always happens there"

"Baybeh, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you I promise."

She sighed a little and nodded.

"You're right"

"You trust me?"

"I trust you babe"

She laid back down allowing him to comfort her for a while before they decided to get ready.

"Who told you you could get dat fine?" He asked her as she walked out of the bathroom.

She laughed a little before replying. "Oh stop"

"Yeah I see Ima have to keep you next to me all night"

"Okay babe"

They texted Hazel and Travis and let them know they were leaving towards the bowling alley.

"Maria, we'll be back in a few hours" Lena said as she walked into her bedroom.

"I'm gonna go out with some friends from school in a little bit"

"Oh okay. Well just text me and let me know your safe okay?"

"Okay sis"

Lena smiled a little before closing her door. Maria was adjusting to Atlanta well and was making new friends which made Lena happy. She was scared Maria would hate it and be stuck here but thankfully she was growing and doing great.

"Okay babe, lets go"

They walked out towards the door and August opened the door for her before jogging to his side to drive.

"Can you put in the directions?" He asked her.

She nodded and plugged her phone in playing music with the directions. After 15 minutes they arrived and got out together.

As they walked in they spotted Hazel immediately and went towards her.

"Hey guys!"

"Hey girl. Just wanted to let you know we invited August's brother, I hope that's okay"

"Oh that's fine with me. The more the merrier" she smiled.

After waiting a few minutes they saw Travis walking in and waved him over.