Talk Me Down (P. II) ✰ LJ [10]

Start from the beginning

9. Dusk Till Dawn - Zayn x Sia: For the first five months of our relationship, we kept everything super private. Until one day, I hated not being able to go out in public and not hold your hand so finally, we made a plan on how to announce to the world that we were hopelessly in love. For a week, we started off subtle. We let the paparazzi take their photos when I'd grab your hand, you'd kiss my cheek but never my lips because as you know that is not so subtle. But the day after the week past, I posted a photo pretty much announcing our relationship all in one photo. It was a photo of us in Santa Monica - we were on the beach, you were laying on the beach towel and I climbed onto your back. My whole body was wet from being in the ocean while you were pretending to tan so you squealed when I started getting you wet with all the water droplets. I had my phone in my hand and I took a photo of me kissing your lips. No caption was needed because it just confirmed all the rumors about us.

But with rumors came problems. And with problems came misery. The misery wasn't with us but you were bombarded by comments every time you stepped out in public. I started feeling terrible because you didn't deserve all those horrid questions paparazzi would ask you but you always reassured that you were okay with it. It wouldn't change our relationship and the way you feel about me. You promised me that you'd be there no matter how harsh paparazzi can be. You promised that you'd be there when I needed you and I promised the same.

10. Please Be Naked - The 1975: You can take a wild guess why I put this here. :) Love you, xx.

11. Is There Somewhere - Halsey: This song takes me back to the first time we met and it can brighten my day instantly if you're in one of your classes and you're not available. I probably listen to this song on every plane ride because it calms me down from running around everywhere with the girls. It doesn't come close to calming me down as much as you do but it works. I love you endlessly, I love you more than you could ever imagine. If you saw the way I think about you in my mind, you maybe could be able to see just how much you're on my mind. You always have me smiling, on the floor - laughing, blushing like crazy, and you always make me more confident than the day before. I love you with all my heart and that's all I want to give. I may make dumb mistakes but never let anything question the way I love you.

-

You wiped a tear from your cheek for what seemed like the millionth time. You removed the headphones from your head, setting it down beside the cassette player on the coffee table. You finished listening to the playlist and reading the reasons why those songs were special to Lauren, but now they were special to you. It was nearly three AM - you hesitated at first to listen to the playlist but you finally said, 'fuck it', and started listening to it.

Every passage to each song brought a new set of tears to your eyes, mostly happy but a little bit of sadness. What she said to you in New York was something you couldn't comprehend, you couldn't guess what set her off like that. You noticed she'd wake up sad, she would lay in bed all morning to avoid her stressed state, but you never knew it would get to the point of her shouting such aggressive words at you.

Your phone sat on the arm of the couch. For about ten minutes, you debated on whether you should text Lauren or save it for tomorrow. She could either be awake or she's asleep. You reached for your phone, pushing the home button to light up the screen. Your eyes squinted at the sudden change of light, your apartment was pitch black except the kitchen light above the stove.

You typed in your password before pressing the text message icon. The first conversation that popped up was Lauren because she had spammed you with messages but due to your annoyance and anger, you ignored each and every one of them. You clenched your jaw, still deciphering whether or not you should text her.