Precious ✰ CC ⚠️ [4]

Start from the beginning

Camila laid a hand on your shoulder comfortingly, "You have the floor. Wait, actually, you have the sand."

You couldn't help but giggle, "You're adorable." you said.

Camila shook her head, biting her lip to resist the huge grin begging to form. "Go on with what you were saying."

"Oh, right." You take your eyes off the Cuban and back onto the sea. Then, your eyes catch the cliff beside the beach, it was about a mile walk from the two of you but people climb up the cliff to jump in the water all the time for enjoyment purposes. But you and your mind, you didn't see it as enjoyment purposes. "Camila, remember that one time I called you crying because I told you I couldn't do anything right?"

You didn't have to look at Camila to know her facial expression changed dramatically. That smile was wiped away and replaced with a frown. "I do." She replied.

"When I was on the phone with you, telling you that, I wasn't in my bedroom." You said.

"Huh?" Camila's heart was now racing more than ever, she hoped this didn't turn into an anxiety attack because she really needed to focus on you right now.

You pointed from afar, "I was on that cliff."

"But, it was nearly midnight, how did your parents not know you snuck out?" Camila questioned.

"Oh, they found out but I told them I went to your house for something." You said.

"You were really about to kill yourself?" Camila's voice cracked, which grabbed your attention quickly. You turned your head once again, meeting the once wide brown eyes that were now having to fight the tears wanting to stream.

"No, no, Camila, there's somewhat of a happy ending to this." You pulled Camila into your embrace, hugging her as tightly as you possibly could.

Camila moved her head to meet your eyes, "What? How is there a happy ending to this? You were about to jump off that cliff and drown yourself."

"But you want to know why I didn't?" You asked, you wiped the tears from her cheeks. "Because that night, you saved my life without even knowing it. That phone call was supposed to be my goodbye to you but somehow, you said the kindest words—"

"Wait, wait, wait," Camila interrupted, "you mean to tell me you were about to say goodbye to me over a stupid phone call? No hug, no 'I love you', you were just about to leave me and the last thing I'd hear from you was on a phone?"

Your eyes widened, you panicked, "Camila, let me explain. There's more to it."

"There better be." She replied, pushing you away from her body and crossing her arms.

"That night — you know, before the phone call? A couple hours before, I went over to your house and I couldn't bring myself to see your face. You're oblivious to know how I see you in my eyes. I couldn't bring myself to see your smile knowing that would be the last time I'd ever see it. I couldn't see your beautiful eyes knowing that would be the last time you looked at me. Camila, you are blind to know that I think of you so perfectly, much more than any best friend ever would. I don't know what I did in my past life to deserve someone like you but I'm so grateful. When I called you, telling you how I felt, you told me the kindest words that I just can't get out of my brain. No one has ever put me in such reassurance as much as you did, no one has made me feel as beautiful as you did, no one has been there for me as much as you did. Slowly but surely, as you telling me everything you claimed me to be, I was walking down the cliff and back to my car. You were wondering why I breathing so heavily but I just said I had been crying because it was already partially true. Camila, I love you so much."