Escape Pt.2

Ghost let out a frustrated hiss as the doorway collapsed in front of them. He looked up at his partner, who looked quiet distraught compared to his normal calm self. Ghost turned them around, beginning to walk back towards the stair case. The Johnny's let out a gasp of horror when they saw a figure get slammed into the ground in front of them. It was Jimmy. The killer, however, didn't even seem to notice them standing there. Instead he let out a growl, grabbing Box Friend. Jimmy pulled him down, throwing him into the room with the pool. Ghost looked around frantically, looking for a way out or away from the fight, at least. That's when Ghost remembered something.

"Johnny! The cellar door!" he squeaked. Toast's eyes widened.

"That's right! Lets go!" Toast exclaimed. The two quickly limped down the hall and down the stairs into the small area that they were in earlier before Toast turned into his wolf form. Ghost gasped in horror when he noticed the chain running through the handles. This held in place by a padlock. Toast frowned.

"Crap! I forgot that it was locked!" Ghost growled. The older man nodded.

"I forgot too, Sir. Maybe there's a key somewhere." he sighed, leaning against the wall. Ghost quickly looked around for anything that could be used to pick the lock. There was no way the key was still here after all these years. He ran to the surrounding rooms, now recognizing all the old furniture that filled the area. He used to play in these rooms, back when he was actually buddies with Box Friend. That's when he noticed an object tucked half way between on of the cracks in the floor. His gun. He was about to grab it he realized just how unstable the floor was. Ghost pulled a flashlight out of his bag (which he had somehow been able to hold onto this whole time). He looked through the cracks to see that under the floorboards was a large pool of water. If his gun fell in there, he would never get it back. He set down his bag near the doorway before letting out a nervous sigh. Ghost began to inch forward, reaching towards his gun. He let out a gasp of horror as his gun began to slip further into the crack. Without thinking, he surged forward, grabbing the muzzle. His arm slipped down into the wood. Ghost growled before roughly pulled his arm from the crack, letting out a cry of pain as the wood tore into his skin. Blood began to soak through his  sleeve as he stood up. He pulled his sleeve back, seeing that the skin was now almost completely torn away. Ghost grabbed his bag, walking back over to his partner.

"I-I got my gun. W-We can use it to blow the lock off." Ghost stuttered, wincing as his wounds brushed up against the doorway. Toast's eyes widened in horror.

"Your arm! What happened?!" Toast questioned worriedly.

"It's just a few cuts, Johnny. I'll be fine." Ghost sighed. The older man just nodded in response, knowing that there was no point in arguing. Ghost lined his gun up with the rusty padlocks shackle, waiting for Toast to move. As soon as the older man moved, he shot. His bullet only made its way through half. Ghost pulled the trigger once more, but nothing happened. He turned his safety on before looking into the barrel to see that the bullet was jammed in the muzzle. Ghost messed with his gun for a bit, but it just wouldn't budge. That's when the heard a noise from behind him. He turned, letting out a gasp when he saw who it was. It was Jimmy, and he was hurt... well, as much as a ghost could be hurt. His twin slammed the door, locking what he assumed to be Box Friend out of the room.

"Hello." Toast sighed, waving at the killer. Jimmy just nodded to him, panting quietly. After a moment or two, he caught his breath.

"Why were you so out of breath?" Ghost asked.

"Well... let's just say that Box Friend decided to show me a different form." Jimmy muttered, rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Ghost frowned.

"Oh my... it must've been pretty scary if you ran away." Toast muttered. The killer just nodded slowly, his cheeks turning a bright shade of pink.

"I-if  you saw what I saw, you would be scared too! I was going to come in here anyways!" Jimmy hissed angrily. Ghost just gently patted his brothers shoulder, trying his best to calm him down to the point were he would be capable of rational thought.

"What were you going to come in here for?" Ghost questioned, frowning.

"I heard you two struggling with the lock. I was gonna help you break it." Jimmy told him, rolling his eyes. Ghost smiled, and was about to say something when suddenly something began to bang on the door. The three already knew who it was. Jimmy quickly began to work on the lock while Ghost finished getting the jammed bullet out. That's when the door came down, revealing the reason why Jimmy was so freaked out. Box Friend's exterior had begun to deteriorate, a melty tar like substance spilling out of the gaps. It even had teeth.

"What the-... what the heck?!" Ghost screeched, backing away.

"Why are you so scared Gregory? We're still friends, aren't we~?" Box Friend purred. Ghost couldn't respond. He was too shocked to even think. Jimmy snarled, snapping what was left of the padlock off of the hatch.

"Just leave us alone, you freak!" the killer yelled as he pushed the cellar door open. Ghost turned, sprinting towards the exit. Toast was quickly limping after him. The Johnny's made it outside. Ghost turned to see Jimmy struggling against Box Friend, who was literally trying to bite his face off.

"Jimmy! Hold still!" Ghost ordered. Much to his surprise, Jimmy did as he was told. He quickly aimed, pulling the trigger without second thought. The bullet pierced Box Friend's weird demon neck. This allowed Jimmy to slip away. Ghost grabbed his twins hand, pulling him up and out of the cellar. He slammed the door, and all three of them held it closed. Ghost quickly began to form a plan in his mind. He didn't know if it was going to work or not, but it was something. There was no other way.