The Asylum Case

A/N: Just a quick thanks for the 2k+ reads and the 200+ votes! Thank you ^-^!

Ghost waited until the car was almost to a complete stop before hopping out. 

I have a feeling that I'll get to murder today! Jimmy giggled happily. Ghost rolled his eyes.

Yeah, like I'll let that happen! Ghost exclaimed sarcastically. Jimmy laughed.

We'll see... 

"Come on, Toast." Ghost sighed, waving him over. Ghost watched as Toast slowly shuffled his way over. Ghost's eyes narrowed.

"Ok. There's something wrong with you, and you'd better tell me what!" Ghost exclaimed. Toast opened his mouth, but all that came out was a loud growl. Ghost's eyes widened. He recognized the look on Toast's face all to well. Bloodlust. Ghost backed up.

"S-Sir! Please, it's not like that!" Toast exclaimed. His voice had more of a growl to it than usual. 

"I see that look on your face, and I know it well. So snap out of it." Ghost mumbled. Toast grunted in pain.

"Sir, p-please run." Toast begged. Ghost shook his head. Suddenly Toast lost control of his arm. He swung at Ghost, but he stood his ground. A direct blow to the jaw. Toast watched in horror as blood spewed from Ghost's mouth. But much to Toast's amazement, Ghost hadn't move an inch. Toast swung again, only to be stopped. Toast looked to see his fist had been stopped by Ghost's hand. 

"Now is not the time for this. Let him go." Ghost ordered, keeping his gaze towards the ground. Toast noticed that Ghost had changed as well, yet he didn't know how. It was like he was sucking all the happiness out of him. He felt like he would never be happy again. Toast could see a dim blue light radiating off of Ghost. Toast noticed that dark figure appear next to him. 

"Why should I?" The figure questioned angrily. Toast gasped as Ghost looked up. One of his eyes were now blue. Ghost let go of Toast's fist, which brushed Ghost's cheek. Before Toast could do anything, Ghost was standing right next to him, holding the figure by the neck. 

"I already told you why. Besides, he didn't do anything to you. Now, release him!" Ghost growled. The figure squeaked in fear. Toast fell to the ground as the creature let him go. The figure disappeared. Ghost began to sway where he stood. 

"S-Sir?!" Toast exclaimed as Ghost fell to his knees. The light faded completely as he fell the rest of the way down. Toast crawled over to Ghost, checking for a pulse. He was still alive. Toast moved Ghost's hoodie and shirt over. Toast pushed on one of the pressure points near his collar bone in hopes of waking him up. Ghost shot up, gasping for air.

"W-What happened?!" Ghost questioned once he got his breathing under control. 

"I... I don't know, to be honest." Toast sighed, helping Ghost to his feet. He was just happy Ghost was back. 

"Well no matter! We have a case." Ghost stated, walking up to the main door. He wiggled the lock, but it wouldn't budge. 

"Why are we at an abandoned asylum?" Toast asked.

"This is where the address told us to go, right?" Ghost questioned. Toast nodded, remembering that Ghost couldn't read to save his life. 

"Alright! So since the main door is locked, we'll have to get in a different way!" Ghost stated. Ghost grabbed Toast by the wrist and dragged him over to the side of the building. 

"How to you suggest we get in?" Toast asked. 

"Simple, ventilation!" Ghost told him as he shot the bolts off of the ventilation cover. 

(5 Minutes later)

"That was quite uncomfortable." Toast mumbled, rubbing the back of his head. 

"Why?" Ghost questioned. Toast rolled his eyes.

"No offense Sir, but i'm not as small as you." Toast explained. Ghost nodded. 

"None taken... follow me." Ghost ordered. The two walked down the stairs, which lead to a big check in room. The floors were smeared with copious amounts of blood. In the light of the few working fixtures a woman was visible behind the main desk. 

"Um... hello?" Toast questioned. The woman looked at them.

"Oh hello there! Are you looking to book a reservation?" The woman asked. The two looked at each other with great confusion. 

"N-No... we were called here. Besides, this place is supposed to be abandoned anyways!" Ghost exclaimed. The woman herself became confused.

"This place isn't abandoned!" The woman told him in defense. 

"Oh come on, this place hasn't paid it's electric bills for like 10 years! It was shut down in 2006!" Ghost told her. 

"A few lights still work!" The woman exclaimed. Ghost rolled his eyes. 

"Excuse us." Toast sighed as Ghost dragged him into the darkness.    

"She is obviously hiding something." Ghost mumbled. 

"Maybe it's just extremely worn down!" Toast explained. Ghost shook his head.

"We are dealing with a serious problem here! This place is supposed to be closed, no one is supposed to be working here, we have trails of blood, someone was clearly killed here, and we got a warning from that lady that something was haunting this place. There is something up!" Ghost told him. Toast agreed. He was simply trying to look at the bright side. Ghost always was a realist while Toast was usually an optimist. Suddenly, Toast's flashlight lit up from behind him. Ghost laughed.

"You look like a firefly." Ghost giggled. Toast's cheeks turned red from embarrassment. He tried to turn it off, but all it did was make it flash. Suddenly, Ghost came up with an idea.

"You go distract her while I take a look around, ok?" Ghost whispered. Toast nodded. They both went off in their separate directions. It might not be a good one, but a plan had been made.