Waking Up

Toast felt a hard jolt as he opened his eyes. He sat up, looking around frantically. Toast looked to his left to see Ghost looking equally as worried. 

"S-Sir! Y-You're ok!!!" Toast exclaimed, pulling Ghost into a tight hug. Without thinking Toast kissed Ghost on the top of his head. He watched as Ghost's cheeks turned bright red. Ghost looked up at him. 

"I'm just happy you're ok!" Ghost told him. Toast had a feeling of sudden realization. 

"Wait... what do you mean?" Toast asked. Ghost sighed.

"I-I... I had a terrible nightmare. I went completely crazy and killed like 15 people!" Ghost stated. Toast grunted in surprise. 

"I had a similar nightmare! You were crazy, and I got knocked out and tied up in the basement by Jimmy! What else happened?" Toast questioned.

"Well, I met this lady who was oddly familiar, along with a little boy who was almost exactly like me. He said his name was Gregory Casket." Ghost explained. Toast almost jumped. Gregory Casket... that's the name of the kid who went missing in that article! Toast thought. Toast sighed, running his fingers through Ghost's hair. 

"Well, I'm just happy it wasn't real. Actually Sir, can I talk to Jimmy?" Toast asked. Ghost's eyes went wide. 

"W-why?!" Ghost exclaimed as Toast let go of him. 

"I have a few questions regarding the what Jimmy said to me in my nightmare." Toast explained. Ghost was hesitant, but he agreed.  Toast watched for what seemed to be the millionth time as Ghost's eyes turned crimson red. 

"Hey Toast." Jimmy sighed, laying down across the couch. Toast watched as Jimmy draped his lower legs over his lap. 

"Hi... I have a few questions." Toast told him. Jimmy shrugged, signaling for him to continue. 

"Ok. First of all, are you... well... dead?" Toast asked. Jimmy nodded. 

"How old were you when you died?" 

"10." Jimmy told him. Toast felt a little bad for him. That would explain why he's so childish... Toast thought.

"Alright... i-if you don't mind me asking, how did you die?" Toast questioned. Jimmy refused to answer that question, which was perfectly fine with Toast. Most ghosts were sensitive about that topic, so it wasn't surprising that Jimmy was as well. 

"You aren't going to tell Ghost are you?" Jimmy questioned, a hint of suspicion in his voice. Toast shook his head. Jimmy let out a relieved sigh, smiling. 

"Do you recall being in my dream at all?" Toast asked. Jimmy giggled happily.

"In your dream? You're dreaming about me? How flattering~" Jimmy laughed, his cheeks turning light pink. Toast rolled his eyes, trying not to laugh. 

"No Jimmy! In my dream you did some pretty bad things to me, and then you started acting all weird, like a scared little kid. When I touched you I started seeing visions." Toast told him. Jimmy seemed confused. 

"Like a little kid, and visions? What did you see in the visions?" Jimmy questioned.

"I saw a couple twins, some living box thing and a whole lot of blood." Toast told him. Jimmy seemed slightly concerned. He had a slight frown on his face. 

"Weird." Jimmy sighed, stretching. Jimmy gently kicked Toast's arm as he finished stretching. Toast grabbed Jimmy's foot. His foot was almost as boney as his hands.  

"What are you doing?" Jimmy asked. Toast had a good idea. He began to tickle Jimmy's foot. Jimmy screeched, struggling to get away. Toast watched a few tears trickle down Jimmy's face as he giggled wildly. Toast stopped. Jimmy pulled his legs away. 

"You're evil!" Jimmy gasped, smiling. 

"I'm not evil, you're just ticklish!" Toast chuckled. Jimmy's eyes narrowed. He folded his arms.

"I'm not ticklish." Jimmy pouted. 

"Oh yeah? Is that so?" Toast questioned, moving his hand towards him. Jimmy screeched, jumping away from Toast. Jimmy ran up the stairs. Toast waited for about 3 minutes before he called for him to come back down. Jimmy slowly stalked back down the stairs, sitting down on the ground next to Toast. 

"Can you let Sir back out now?" Toast asked. Jimmy thought about it for around 2 minutes before agreeing. Toast watched Jimmy's eyes turn brown. He rubbed his head.

"So... how did it go?" Ghost questioned, stretching. 

"Well, I got a few answers. However, there were some questions I didn't get to ask, but that's ok." Toast explained. Ghost nodded, thinking about what Toast had said.

"Well what did he say?" Ghost asked. 

"Well Sir... I promised him that I wouldn't tell you." Toast told him apologetically. Ghost tipped his head in confusion. 

"Why not?" Ghost questioned. Toast thought about it. Jimmy never did tell him why. For some reason, Jimmy wanted to keep it from Ghost. That's what Toast really wanted to figure out. Why.