What was that?!

Toast heard a loud bang, then almost immediately shot up from where he was sitting. He slid around the corner of the door frame and ran to Ghost's room. He quickly opened the door to see Ghost sitting on his bed with a look of confusion on his face.

"What was that Toast?!" Ghost exclaimed in a yell - whisper.

"I-I was just about to ask you that Sir." Toast told him. Toast could see Ghost looking back to normal. That's good... Toast thought.

"We should go see what that noise was!" Ghost exclaimed, jumping out of his bed and over to the doorway.

"Sir! Wait! Theres a large, m-mess downstairs." Toast stalled him.

"So?" Ghost exclaimed, pouting his lip.

"Just wait here, your injured anyways." Toast told him. Ghost whined and threw a small temper tantrum, same as Jimmy did earlier that day. Toast just sighed and closed the door. As he walked down stairs he heard another bang. Toast walked down the stairs, stepping in the mess from earlier. Eww... He thought as he felt it on his feet. As he looked around he didn't see anything that could cause the bang. That can only mean on thing. Toast thought. The basement.

Toast walked slowly to the basement door. He was about to grab the door handle, but then he noticed a bit of fog on the whole door, making it smudgy and dark. This is not good... Toast thought to himself, a look of worry on his face. He slowly twisted the door handle, which unhinged with a big crack. Toast opened the door and peaked in the basement. Everything seemed normal, which indicated that Toast was able to walk down the stairs. Toast reached the bottom of the stairs and stopped, peaking around the corner, first left then right. On the left Toast saw a pile of boxes, on of them with a few triangles cut out of it, almost in the form of a face. Toast went to touch it. He was just about to poke it, but suddenly it shot up, starring directly at him.

"Gwegory?" It asked Toast. Toast just shook his head no. It looked disappointed, and even a little annoyed.

"Do you know any one named Gwegory?" It asked him. Toast shook his head no again.

"Is there someone upstairs?" It asked Toast, this time getting closer.

"N-no s-sir." Toast stuttered. The box just shrugged and floated thru the wall, not returning. Toast ran up both flights of stairs and into Ghost's room, who was still pouting on his bed.

"Did you find anything interesting." Ghost asked, looking up at him. Toast told him nothing of the box creature. Why was it looking for you Sir? Toast thought to himself.

"You didn't really answered me yet... are you ok?" Ghost asked, this time placing his hand on Toast's shoulder.

"Everything was fine! It was just a... bat." Toast lied. But Ghost took it.

"Oh, ok!" Ghost beamed. He was more cheery than usual.

"A-are you ok, Sir?" Toast asked. Ghost had to think for a minute.

"Yeah Toast! (no pun intended) I'm fine!" he told Toast once again. Toast could tell that it wasn't really Ghost.

"S-sir, w-whats position is my grandma in..." Toast stuttered. Ghost didn't hesitate.

"The Queen of England, of course!" He said. So it is him... Toast thought.

"Why? Is something wrong?" Ghost said, returning to his usual frown. Toast was relieved.

"No Sir." Toast sighed. Ghost just shrugged. Suddenly, Toast heard the phone ring. He quickly ran down the stairs, avoiding the mess from earlier, and answered.

"H-hello, this is the P.I.E headquarters! How can we help you today?" Toast asked. A loud, obnoxious voice answered.

"Uh, Hello? Hi, um, my "family" has become a group of beasts, and I believe that their possessed." the voice told Toast. Toast recognized the voice. Spencer.

"Spencer! How did you get upstairs?!" Toast exclaimed. Spencer's voice answered again.

"I told you, you nerd! There possessed!" Spencer yelled, his lisp disappearing. Toast knows that when Spencer's lisp disappears, there's really trouble.

"We will be over as soon as possible!" Toast exclaimed, slamming the phone into the off position.

"Do we have a case?" Toast heard Ghost ask behind him. Toast just simply nodded yes. Ghost came rushing down, stopping at the mess.

"Wow! What happened here?" Ghost asked, stepping around it.

"Nothing important Sir." Toast yelled as he ran out the door, grabbing the keys on his way. Ghost soon hopped in the passenger side and they sped off, not knowing what was coming next.