Memory Lane Pt.3

Toast let go of his friend's hand, letting out a small sigh. He was feeling a little less anxious now that Ghost had given him a bit of reassurance. After a moment or two, Toast decided it was time to get going.

"Would you like to go upstairs or downstairs, Sir?" Toast questioned.

"I think we should go downstairs first, just to get it out of the way. If that weird box thing shows up, we really don't want to be trapped down there." Ghost explained. Toast frowned, but hesitantly he agreed. It would help him focus by getting him away from the moonlight. Toast glanced down at his hands, noticing how sharp his nails had become. He let out a sigh, knowing the only thing he could do was follow Ghost, and listen to what he had to say. The two made their way down the old concrete stairs. At this point, anything could happen. 

"I would suggest starting at the end of the corridor, then making our way upwards... if you care... I know that my opinion isn't always wanted." Toast muttered. Ghost frowned.

"Don't say that, Johnny! You know that your opinion means very much to me!" Ghost exclaimed.

"Well alright, Sir. If you say so." Toast sighed, smiling. He watched as Ghost led him to the end of the hallway where there was a single room. It seemed to be some sort of cellar. It even had a hatch that led to the outdoors. 

"Well that's good. I guess this is always here if the other exits are blocked." Ghost muttered. Toast frowned at this.

"I don't like the way you said that, Sir. You made it sound as though bad is going to happen." Toast told him. Ghost sighed, looking up at him. 

"Johnny... I'm-... I'm not exactly the most optimistic person. I always expect the worse." Ghost explained, patting Toast's shoulder gently. Toast just nodded. The two continued to walk around, exploring. There wasn't anything particularly groundbreaking to see. It was just a bunch of old dusty furniture. He was about to say something when a sudden wave of pain surged through him. The moon was really starting to get to him. He could feel himself changing. Toast doubled over in pain. He slid down the wall as the pain slowly worsened. 

"I-I need to take a break, Sir." Toast whispered as he wiped a few tears from his cheeks. Ghost nodded quickly, patting the top of his head gently.

"Take your time, Johnny. I'm going to keep exploring. Let me know if you need anything." Ghost told him. Toast nodded, breathing deeply. 

Ghost sighed as he hesitantly looked around. He decided that he was going to keep looking around but stay nearby in case Toast needed help. He walked into the room next to him. He glanced over, spotting a small framed picture on the counter across the room for him. Ghost grabbed it, frowning. There were three people, but two of the peoples faces were scratched out. He recognized the face of the kid who wasn't crossed out, but for some reason he could put a name to it. Ghost wanted to show it to Toast, but he didn't want to bother him, so he just put it in his satchel for later. He peeked around the doorway, making sure that Toast was still in the same place he was before. Toast was still there, holding his head in his hands.

"Do you need some of my pain killers?" Ghost asked.

"What I really need is some whiskey, Sir." Toast muttered, looking up at him. Ghost gasped. His pupils were now reduced to slits.

"W-well... I don't have any whiskey, but I do have water. Here, take them." Ghost sighed, handing his partner a small canteen of water and a few pills. He watched as Toast followed his orders, forcing himself to swallow the tablets. Ghost sat down next to him, rubbing his friend's back gently. Toast glanced over at him, smiling weakly.

"So... what's that sticking out of your bag?" Toast questioned. 

"Oh, this? It's just a little picture I found. I feel sort of connected to it for some reason." Ghost explained. Toast examined the picture, frowning.

"This child looks like you." Toast told him, pointing. Ghost looked down at the picture. It did kind of look like him, just less tired and less stressed. He just shrugged.

"If you say so." Ghost sighed, giving him a little smirk. He gasped in surprise as Toast leaned up against him, letting out a quiet growl. Ghost shivered.

"I can feel myself turning, Sir. I can't control it much longer..." Toast whispered. Ghost nodded slowly. 

"It's ok, Johnny... you can let go." Ghost muttered. He stood up, pressing a gentle kiss to his friend's forehead before he left, a howl sounding behind him just a few seconds later. He picked up the pace, not looking back once. Johnny was gone. 

We've Always Loved The Color REDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें