The Monsters are Real...

"Wait, w-what?!" Ghost exclaimed out loud, whipping his gaze around frantically. He felt something grab his arm. Ghost screamed, dipping down to the floor, then doing a quick roll forwards. He pointed his gun at the thing that grabbed him, shooting it 5 times with his 9mm. The thing disappeared, causing the bullets to hit the wall. Ghost heard stomping, watching as Toast looked around the corner.

"Are you ok... Sir?" Toast asked, watching as Ghost buried his face in his hands.

"Oh Johnny, I-... I should have believed you!" Ghost sniffled, looking up at Toast. Toast's eyes widened with surprise.

"I'm sorry Sir, I should have told you way sooner." Toast apologized, wrapping his arms around Ghost. He was surprised by how frail Ghost was, despite his strong act he usually put on. He's shaking... Toast thought, tightening his grip. He felt Ghost's heart slow to a steady beat. He stood up, carrying Ghost to the couch. He set him down.

"Sir?"

"Y-yes Johnny?" came Ghost's shaky reply.

"Would you like a blanket or something?"

"N-no, thanks."

"Alright Sir." Toast sighed, turning to walk up the stairs. Suddenly, he felt something grab his wrist. He turned to see Ghost looking up at him with large desperate eyes.

"Johnny! Stay with me... p-please..." Ghost begged, pulling on Toast's arm. Toast stared in astonishment before sitting down next to Ghost. Ghost sighed leaning backwards. Toast watched him fidget with his hoodie strings. Toast slumped down next to Ghost, then closing his eyes. I will do everything I can to help him, I have to! Toast thought to himself, keeping his eyes closed. Suddenly, he felt movement to his right. He opened his eyes to see Ghost moving around. Toast watched as Ghost's face went from serious to mad and then he moved. Toast yelped with surprise as Ghost rolled over, snuggling on his head on his shoulder. Ghost put his hand on Toast's other shoulder, gripping it gently. (A/N: No, no. I know what you're thinking.) Toast sat there in silence for a moment, processing what was going on. He could feel his cheeks burning.

"Uh... S-Sir?" Toast stuttered, looking down nervously. No reply. Toast sighed. I suppose he must be going through some mental thing right now... he needs as much support as I can give him! Toast thought, wrapping his arms around Ghost. He heard Ghost whisper something, although Toast couldn't make it out. Suddenly Ghost opened his eyes.

"J-Johnny?"

"Yes Sir?"

"Why are you hugging me?" Ghost questioned, not moving a muscle.

"I honestly don't know, Sir." Toast sighed, letting go of him. Ghost got up, thinking for a moment.

"Johnny, be honest, how long has this been going on?" he asked Toast. Toast froze for a second.

"About, uh... well, I began to notice it back in high school." Toast told him. Ghost thought about it for a minute. Suddenly, the phone rang. Ghost raced Toast over to it, picking it up.

"Hello, Johnny Ghost here!" Ghost exclaimed.

"H-hi Ghost! This is Gertrude, we need your help, again."

"O-oh... ok! Uh, we'll be there soon." Ghost told her, hanging up the phone.

"Who was it Sir?" Toast asked, reaching for the keys. Ghost walked over to the front door.

"The Acachalla's, again." Ghost told him, walking out the door. Toast followed closely behind. Toast started the car, which reacted with a loud sputtering sound.

"Oh come on!" Toast growled, hitting the gas again. The car went flying forward, hitting the fence in front of them.

"Johnny!"