Memory Lane Pt. 1

heyyy an actual title 

Toast let out a sigh as he parked their van on the side of the road. Ghost didn't specify which park he wanted to go to, so Toast decided that it would be fun if they went to the old one on the very edge of town. The place where they first met.

"Woah... we haven't been here in forever!" Ghost exclaimed, smiling. The two got out of the van, looking around. It was so peaceful. The cool evening breeze almost seemed as if it were holding them.

"You know... I remember the first time we even intereacted." Toast told Ghost, looking down at him. Ghost thought for a moment.

"I do too. It's... it's my earliest memory." Ghost whispered. Toast frowned.

"That's the only thing you remember from your childhood? The only thing at all?" Toast questioned. Ghost nodded.

"Pretty much. It just gets fuzzy if I try to think past that. The only thing I can remember happening before that was me running. I don't know what it was that I was running from, but all I know is that if I didn't keep running I would've been killed." Ghost explained. Toast's eyes widened. 

"You never told me that, Sir! I mean, I knew something was wrong when I saw you. You were crying, and you were covered in dirt... among other things. I wish you would've told me sooner." Toast muttered. 

"I just thought that you wouldn't believe me. Most people didn't back then." Ghost sighed. Toast shook his head. He couldn't believe that Ghost had never said anything over the 10 years that they had known each other. 

"Do you remember where you were running from?" Toast asked. Ghost nodded.

"I remember a big building, over that way." Ghost told him, pointing off into the dark horizon. Between them and whatever building Ghost was talking about was a dark field that seemed to go on endlessly. Toast let out a sigh. 

"I'm going to get some equipment from the car, and then we're going." Toast told him. He turned and began to walk to the van when he felt someone grab his arm.

"J-Johnny. We can't. What if that thing that was chasing me is still there?" Ghost questioned. 

"Then we'll fight it!" Toast exclaimed, pulling out a couple flashlights. Ghost let out a little sigh, nodding. Toast handed him a flashlight. 

"Are you sure about this? I... I could never live with myself if something happened to you." Ghost mumbled. Toast gave him a slow nod. Ghost sighed, looking away. He was about to step into the field, but he stopped. It was clear that he was having a hard time. 

"You can do it. I'm here for you." Toast whispered, grabbing his hand. Ghost looked up at him, his eyes widening in surprise. The two just sat there for a moment before moving. Ghost slowly took the first step. He watched as his foot was swallowed by the long, tangled grass. He looked up at Toast, who was staring down at him with his large blue eyes. He sighed. The two continued to walk. They could see a large figure in the darkness. Toast could tell that Ghost was starting to regret their decision even more. But he didn't say anything. They were almost to the building now. It was clear that he building had been abandoned for a long time. Toast looked down at Ghost, who was trembling. He knew what was happening. Memories were coming back, and they were not good.