Back to the Past pt.2

Ghost held his head, grunting in pain. It seemed that the farther away from his house he got the worse his headache became. Why did he have a headache? He didn't know. All he knew is that the pain was almost unbearable at this point. Maybe if I walk back towards the house it will get better... he thought, frowning. Ghost turned around and took one step, crying out as sharp pain shot through his chest. He didn't know where to go! If he walked away from the house, his headache got worse. If he walked towards the house, his chest hurt. It was a lose-lose situation, which he found completely unfair. He buried his hands in his pockets as he turned away from the house once more.

"It'll be ok... I feel fine..." Ghost mumbled, walking briskly down the street. His head was pounding, and his whole body had broken into a cold sweat. His hands were clammy, and his legs were wobbly. So, overall he just felt like crap. To distract himself, he looked at the environment around him. He hadn't walked to terribly far. In fact, he had only went about city two blocks away from his starting place. Ghost sighed with a hint of frustration. The sun had begun to go down, meaning it was starting to turn to night. The sky was gently glowing a mix of pink and orange, accompanied by a few white wispy clouds. It seemed to cause the whole landscape below to lightly glow of the same colors. It was so peaceful it almost felt mocking, at least if he compared it to the pain he felt. Why can't it look like this all the time? He thought. In the present day, it was only a few shades of blue and purple, with an occasional hue of pink. It was still nice, but not as nice as it was here in the past. As Ghost continued to think, he began to come up a few more issues he could possibly have.

"What if I see my younger self and not even know it... and wouldn't Jimmy still be alive now? Where would he even be?" Ghost questioned out loud, then quickly looking around to make sure no one heard him talk to himself. Oddly enough, there were no people around. He looked at his phone, squeaking as it zapped him. Ghost shook his hand angrily, then hitting the power button. It made a strange buzzing sound. His eyes widened as the phone began to disintegrate in his hand. He dropped it. As soon as the phone hit the ground it poofed into a pile of dust.

"What the-... what the heck?!" Ghost exclaimed, bending down to pick up the pile. He wasn't even mad that his once 600+ dollar iPhone had just turned into a small pile of dust. He just wanted to know how it did it. How did it go from a small hand-held device to this? Ghost sighed, knowing that it didn't matter. It's just a dream... he thought. He looked up at the sky again. The pink and orange had turned to a deep blue. The streetlights flickered on. Ghost sighed. He didn't have a watch, so he had no idea what time it was. All he knew was that the day was about to end.

"Will I go back home?" Ghost questioned out loud with a contemplative frown. He had no idea. He hadn't really found out why he was there, so it was unclear what would happened next. He threw what was once his phone to the side, watching as the bits blew away in the breeze. Just as the last few particles disappeared, all his pain went away. Ghost's eyes widened. He patted himself gently, thinking something strange may have happened. But there was nothing. He was just magically fine again! I don't understand this one bit... Ghost thought. Ghost sighed. He would have to figure this out soon. Something very bad is going to happen, and it was going to be bad. Very bad.