The Morning After

Toast stopped the car, quickly hopping out. He closed the door and locked it, leaving Jimmy in the car. He would have carried him inside, but he was to afraid to touch him. He didn't want to get stabbed. So he just simply locked the car and went inside. He looked out the window to see that Jimmy was still dead asleep. He jogged up stairs, changing his shirt. Toast walked down stairs, then grabbing some of the medical supplies. Toast properly patched him arm up. He heard a loud thump. He looked out the window to see Jimmy was still sleeping. What was that then?  Toast thought. He looked around to see a squirrel. 

"I'm way to paranoid..." Toast sighed to himself. He sat down on the couch, making sure he could see Jimmy. He jumped as Jimmy twitched. There was suddenly a loud crash from across the street. He saw Jimmy's eyes fly open. He shivered as Jimmy's gaze snapped towards him. Jimmy motioned for him to come out to the car. Toast got up, hesitantly walking out and over to the car. He opened the door.

"Yes Jimmy?" Toast questioned.

"Carry me inside." Jimmy yawned, stretching his legs. 

"Excuse me?" Toast exclaimed, frowning.

"My legs fell asleep. Carry me inside." Jimmy ordered, a sleepy grin on his face. Toast sighed, gently lifting Jimmy up. He winced, expecting to be stabbed or something of that nature. He looked down to see that Jimmy was calm, resting his head on Toast's chest. Toast brought Jimmy inside, setting him on the couch. Toast walked over to the kitchen, sitting on of the chairs. He watched as Jimmy adjusted, snuggling into the couch cushions. Toast giggled quietly. Not only did Jimmy act like a little kid, but now he looked the part too. Toast could tell he was still awake. 

"I can feel you staring at me." Jimmy told him, adjusting so he was facing Toast. 

"I-I've just never seen you this calm!" Toast told him. 

"Is that why you're staring?" Jimmy asked.

"O-One of the reasons." Toast sighed, rubbing the back of his head nervously. Jimmy shrugged.

"So, how are you?" Jimmy questioned, looking bored even though he was still smiling.

"G-Good! You?" 

"Fine." Jimmy sighed, playing with the zipper on Ghost's hoodie. Toast began to laugh as the zipper popped up, causing Jimmy to jump. 

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" Jimmy whined. Toast wiped a few tears from his eyes. He must really be tired! Toast thought, watching as Jimmy began to drift off again. 

"Jimmy?" 

"What?" Jimmy grunted, looking towards him. Toast blinked in surprise.

"N-Nothing." Toast stuttered.

"Toast, if you have something to say just say it. I couldn't kill you if I tried." Jimmy sighed, waving his arm to emphasize his point. Toast nodded.

"Fine."

"Come over here Toast." Jimmy ordered. Toast walked over slowly, scanning him for weapons. 

"What is it Jimmy?" 

"Tell me a story." Jimmy commanded. 

"A story?" 

"Yeah."

"I don't know any stories." Toast sighed. Jimmy rolled his eyes.

"Yes you do! You're a frickin' paranormal investigator!" Jimmy whined, patting Toast's shoulder out of frustration. Toast giggled.

"Fine, but no trying to kill me for one week!" Toast told him. 

"Ok." Jimmy giggled. His eyes sparkled with anticipation. Toast began to talk, as Jimmy listened. When Toast finished Jimmy clapped. 

"You like my story, I'm guessing." Toast chuckled. Jimmy nodded as he began to drift off once again. Toast watched as Jimmy's eyes closed, and the light snoring began again. A peaceful morning.