Minor Research

Toast followed Ghost and Jimmy to the main door of the house. Ghost looked up at Toast expectantly. 

"It's already unlocked." Toast told him. 

"You forgot to lock it?" Ghost questioned. Toast nodded. Ghost sighed, opening the door. The three walked in to the house. Jimmy and Ghost slowly walked over to the couch. Jimmy snuggled into the left side of the couch, while Ghost snuggled into the right. They both fell asleep instantly. Toast laughed. They looked like kids, and now they were acting like them. Toast shook his head, walking up to his room. He opened his laptop. He had already looked up Jimmy's name, but he had never looked up Gregory's name. Or Ghost's name, for that matter. He looked up Ghost, but nothing really came up.  But that changed when he looked up Gregory. For some reason when he looked up Gregory, a strange legal document came up. He clicked on it. Toast noticed something. Gregory changed his name? Toast thought. He ended up reading the whole thing. Toast started talking to himself. 

"So Gregory changed his name and he lives in the same town we do... he must still be alive. It also says that Jimmy is, or was, his twin brother." Toast mumbled as he began to pace around his room. Suddenly, he made a  connection. He remembered the first article that he had read about Gregory going missing. It said that there were two bodies, one of which was unidentified. Jimmy died when he was 10, and Gregory went missing when he was 10. That lead him to his next question. How did Jimmy die? He looked it up. The internet supposedly had the answers to everything. When he looked it up, he surprisingly didn't find anything. Was that unidentified body Jimmy? Toast thought. Whenever he looked up Jimmy's name, all that came up was sightings and stuff like that. Toast rested his head on the bed, becoming slightly frustrated. 

"Why can't I find anything useful?" Toast growled into his pillow. 

"Because you're looking in the wrong places." a voice sighed. He turned to see his other self. 

"What do you mean?" Toast asked, feeling confused. 

"I bet that you know someone who is willing to tell you everything you want to know." His other self told him, giggling. 

"Who?" Toast questioned. 

"That's for you to find out." His other self told him, disappearing. Toast shook his head, sighing. How useful... Toast thought. He decided to go downstairs. Toast walked down the stairs and into the living room. He stopped dead in his tracks, smiling. Ghost and Jimmy were sleeping just like before, except now they were cuddled up against each other. Toast grabbed his phone and quickly took a picture, being sure not to wake them up. Toast swore that he was going to keep this picture forever. He sat down in the kitchen when suddenly he herd something. He looked to see Jimmy's eyes were now open. They made eye contact, neither of them blinking for at least 40 seconds. Jimmy looked like he wanted to say something, but he didn't. Toast watched as Jimmy realized what was happening. Toast was expecting Jimmy to start pushing Ghost away, but all he did was sigh. Toast's eyes widened as Jimmy gave him a smile that could only be described as bittersweet. It was almost incomprehensible. Was that his real smile?  Toast thought. Jimmy closed his eyes as he fell asleep once more. Toast shook his head. It was all so confusing. Who was Jimmy, and more importantly, who was Ghost?