A New Beginning (pt. 9)

“Hi,” Kendall greeted the tired blonde, approaching to give her a loving hug.

“Ummh…” Cara hugged her back, breathed onto the crook of her girlfriend’s neck. “Are you ready for dinner? I’m starving,” she mumbled.

“Yeah, I already made a reservation in Jean-Georges. We have less than half an hour, we should go— what? What’s wrong?” Kendall asked when she heard Cara sighed loudly.

The blonde pulled away from the hug, she was exhausted, her shift sucked that day, some customers were such an ass to her, she broke several mugs accidentally, so she had to pay them, and the worst was she made more few mistakes of the customer’s orders.

So that meant she received no tip, and she had no money to spend for a $100 dish. She didn’t want to touch her trust fund money for food and everyday necessities. That’s why when Kendall said she’d already made a reservation in her favorite fancy restaurant, Cara began to stress out. She didn’t want to argue with her girlfriend anymore, but she was too embarrassed to admit that she couldn’t afford a food that was cost more than 20 bucks.

“Cara?”

The blonde looked up at her before quickly avoiding those brown eyes the next second, “Umm… do you mind if we eat somewhere else?” she spoke quietly.

“Why? What’s wrong? That’s your favorite place.” Kendall frowned, suddenly confused why her girlfriend didn’t want to eat in one of her favorite restaurants.

Cara looked down once more, she’d never gotten used of her financial situation. She always felt too embarrassed to admit she had no money to do a fancy dinner or their usual luxury hang outs. But then again she’d just promised her girlfriend that she would tell her when she was having any kind of problem.

“I uh… I umm… not in the mood for fancy food.” Cara pressed her lips together.

Kendall's still looking at her, wondering what exactly going on, until she saw how uncomfortable Cara was and finally understood. “Oh okay, umm… what do you in the mood for?” she asked carefully.

Cara got quiet, she shrugged a little. “Something… greasier?” She was that close almost slipping off saying the word cheaper instead.

Although Kendall could hear what Cara actually wanted to say. So she stepped forward, wrapping her arms around her girlfriend’s neck once again. “Now that I think about it, that’s not a bad idea at all. Wanna have a date with me in Luigi's?” she asked, mentioning their favorite pizza place near the neighborhood.

Cara smiled gratefully, nuzzling her nose with her girlfriend’s before leaning closer so she could kiss Kendall on the lips. Caressing her lips as softly and slowly as she could, making sure that the brunette understood how thankful Cara was for her being so supportive.

“Thank you,” Cara whispered.

Kendall gave her beautiful smile that always managed to make Cara’s heart flipped and fluttered.

“Now let’s go for some greasy date, babe,” Kendall said, followed by a laugh from Cara.

—————

“You’re late,” Cara said in a flat tone.

“Sorry, got stuck a lil bit after class.” The taller girl hurriedly approach Cara who’s currently standing behind the counter, ready to take order from any customer.

“You need to order something or you can just sit anywhere, if you’re not interested in anything,” Cara told her as she looked at the line behind where Gigi was standing at.