Figure Things Out (pt. 14)

Cara woke up with a smile.

She couldn’t believe her luck last night, well more like few hours ago, to be exact. She never thought she’d wake up this happy again, not when she woke up feeling like shit every fucking morning for these past few weeks.

She opened her eyes, touching the empty sheets that still warm enough next to her. She looked at the pillow next to her and then grabbed it, smelling the gorgeous brunette’s scent. God, she smelled amazing. Cara sniffed the pillow even more.

I’m being creepy again. Cara chuckled.

She turned her body looking for her, wondering why the brunette took it so long, and why it was so quiet in the bathroom.

She frowned when she saw her bathroom’s door was opened indicating there was no one there. She sat up and started looking for Kendall’s clothes that scattered around the floor last night.

She found none.

Cara abruptly got up, she was starting to get panicked. She hurriedly put on her boxers and sleep shirt, and began wandering her room looking for the tall brunette.

She started from her bathroom, hoping she was wrong about the bathroom being empty. She entered it, and it was spotless. For the first time Cara hated being right.

She ran to her walk-in-closet, thinking Kendall was there looking for some fresh clothes.

None.

Cara was tearing up automatically. This can’t be happening. This can’t be happening!

She bolted out the room, literally running toward downstairs and went straight to the guestroom Kendall was supposed to stay last night. She harshly opened the door.

None.

She ran to the living room, to the study room, to the dining room, to the kitchen, even to the driveway, choking and sobbing manically looking for her lover everywhere. She even went checking all the available rooms in her house.

There was no Kendall.

She sat on the doorstep on her fancy front porch, and just broke down, literally crying. She didn’t give a damn who were able to see her on that state.

“Darling …” she heard her mom said.

Cara sobbed even harder, she could feel her mom sat next to her and held her tight. She was a crying mess.

“She left me mom, she left me ….” She shakily said.

“I thought everything’s going to be okay. I thought today would be a good day.” She sobbed.

“I’m sorry sweetheart, I wish I could stop her, but Kendall seemed happy when that tall boy picked her up. I couldn’t stop her, it wasn’t my right.” Her mom said, her heart was broken seeing her daughter on her miserable state.

Cara looked up at her mom. She was shocked by the revelation. All she could think was that Kendall had left her.

She’d left her for a boy.