Figure Things Out (pt. 11)

Kendall didn’t know whether she should knock or just barged in to Cara’s room. She’d been standing there for the last five minutes. Her previous bravado had left her the moment she was in front of her blonde ex-girlfriend’s bedroom door. She wondered whether Cara was still awake or had fallen asleep considering it was almost 2 in the morning. Kendall was contemplating whether she should enter the room or she should just cancel it instead.

She decided maybe she should just sleep it off and confront the blonde another time. But just before she turned around, she heard a sound. A familiar sound she’d been hearing in her own room for the past few weeks. Kendall put her ear on the door tried to hear the sound clearly. The brunette was sure it was the sound of someone sniffling. She gulped, wondering what caused the almighty coolest badass chick like Cara fucking Delevingne managed to cry in the middle of the night.

At that point, Kendall decided to enter the room. Her hand was holding the door knob, hoping the blonde didn’t lock it. To her luck, the door wasn’t locked, as she pushed the knob down as quiet as she could and Kendall took a peek silently.

She could see the blonde was sitting on her bed, her elbows were leaning on her crossed legs with her palm of her hands covering her eyes. Kendall gulped seeing the heartbreaking scene in front of her. The only time she’d seen Cara this vulnerable was when they were in this room almost a month ago, moments before Cara told her that they were done for good.

Her heart was still breaking into pieces every time she remembered that moment, but her heart broke some more —if that even possible— seeing Cara cried silently, in her own bed, in the middle of the night. By herself.

She didn’t want to assume and being too confident, but she had a feeling that she was the reason why her ex-girlfriend was crying like that.

She decided to entered the room and closed the door quietly. She was standing in front of the close door and just observed the blonde in silence, taking advantage of the lack of notice Cara had, over her presence.

Cara slowly wiped her tears with one of her hands before she took some kleenex on her nightstand to wiped the rest. At that point, Kendall decided to make her presence being known. She cleared her throat, hoping she didn’t scare the beautiful blonde few feet away in front of her.

Cara slightly jumped; shocked that she wasn’t alone, and the object of affection was standing not far from her, in the same room with her.

“Oh my God, you scared me!” Cara said, her voice a little cracked.

The teary blonde was touching her chest, trying to calmed her heart down. Then her expression changed into confuse before slightly panicking with a hint of worry.

“What’s wrong, Ken? Are you okay? Something wrong with that room?” she asked softly, her tone filled with concern.

“We could switch if you want to, I could sleep there and you could sleep here. I knew you always have problem sleeping in unfamiliar room by yourself.” Cara tried to convinced her to stay.

The last thing she needed was Kendall coming to her room to asked her to drive her home. She didn’t want the brunette to leave, yet. Maybe ever.

Okay, no need to be creepy. Cara thought.

Kendall couldn’t understand how her feelings managed to switch in just matter of seconds, Cara being sincere and attentive swiped her anger away. How could Cara comforting her, while the blonde herself actually was the one who need to be comforted?

She couldn’t even remember what her first intention was, approaching the blonde in her room —in the freakin middle of the night— barging the shorter girl's privacy.