Mine (pt. 5) - Rewritten

Cara never hated her coach more than she had that Friday. Her coach had been pushed her to the limit in every practices she had these past few days, to the point the blonde was beyond exhausted. She didn’t even have energy to eat when she got home. All she could do was falling asleep on her comfy bed, didn’t even have energy to change her clothes into a sleepwear. Thank goodness she always showered in the track team’s locker room before she went home, or else she’d fall asleep without even showering as well.

So at Friday night, when she couldn’t even moved any muscles pretty much at all; much to her disappointment, she had to cancel her 'date' with Kendall.

And that, made Cara extremely upset.

She’d been waiting for this day.

Been waiting to annoy the brunette of course. Not waiting to have a dinner —most likely filled with arguments and constant bickering— that night.

And definitely not about the dinner reservation she already managed to pull a string over her parents connection either.

Definitely not about the goddamn dinner.

Cara sighed, annoyed with the turn of events. She texted Kendall, explaining the situation briefly and asked her to come to her house tomorrow, instead of tonight.

She moved her body, trying to lie on her side, she groaned feeling her stiff muscles. She really didn’t feel well. At all.

Stupid fucking Coach, she cursed on the inside.

—————

“You’re kidding me right?!”

Kendall barged in to her room, waking her abruptly from her sleep.

“You fell asleep?!!?!?” Kendall shouted.

Cara cringed at the loud tone, her head was pounding because of being woken up suddenly from her sleep.

“What are you doing here? I thought I already cancelled,” Cara said, groggily.

“Are you serious?! Is this some kind of sick revenge or something?!? I was getting ready for nothing?!” Kendall said loudly.

Cara then looked at Kendall, and finally noticed that, indeed, the brunette was ready.

“Wow…. You’re beautiful…..” Cara said, in awe over how gorgeous the brunette was that night.

Kendall was already dressing up, wearing a simple pastel —most likely a high-end designer— cocktail dress, her hair was styled, she even wore some makeup on. Not too flashy, but not casual either.

Definitely ready for a fancy dinner.

Cara gulped, she felt giddy on the inside, seeing how Kendall took this dinner date as serious as she was.

Then she frowned, realizing something. “I texted you this afternoon. I don’t feel well. Coach pushed me to my limits these couple days, and I barely feel my muscle let alone to go to a dinner.” Cara defended herself.

“What text?! I don’t get any!” Kendall said out loud, trying to ignore all the blush and fluttering that was going on inside her stomach over Cara’s compliment.

She checked her phone and walked closer to Cara and showed it to her face. “See?! Goddammit Delevingne! You’re wasting my time!” Kendall yelled, very much annoyed that she went overboard with all the preparation she had.

I should’ve just wear a jeans or something, at least it wouldn’t go on a waste. Kendall angrily told herself.

“I did! See?!” Cara insisted, showing her phone.