Acceptant & Confession (pt. 12)

Cara moved a little.

She felt incredibly tired, as if all of her sore muscles were being overused non-stop for the past 24 hours. She tried to open her eyes, despite how heavy it felt, as if someone had put their hands on top of her eyes. As if someone didn’t want her to wake up.

She groaned, whining over the weight on top of her closing eyes.

That was when she heard someone gasped out loud. “I think she’s awake!” that person said excitedly.

“Let her breathe, sweety.” Another person said.

Then she could feel the weight on top of her eyes being lifted. She could open her eyes freely now. She blinked a few times, trying to adjust with the bright light inside of the room. After few long seconds, her vision became clearer.

The first thing that Cara saw was a pair of innocent eyes looking straight at her. Her pale hands palming both of Cara’s cheeks. She had such a beautiful face, a straight sleek brunette hair, with a happy smile planting on her flawless cheeks.

“Hi,” she said.

Cara blinked once more.

“Uhh… hi,” Cara groggily answered.

“We’ve been waiting for you.” The pretty girl smiled widely.

Cara blinked and looked at her carefully, didn’t know what to respond. She was feeling weak and sleepy, but most of all, utterly confused. She could see the girl was waiting for her answer.

Cara cleared her throat, for some reason, she felt like she hadn’t had a water for days. She looked at the pair of beautiful eyes that still looking at her.

“Uhmm… who are you?”

—————

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

“I’m worried about Kendall,” Joan told Gigi after school.

They were preparing themselves in the cheer team’s locker room for yet another intense practice. It’d been the third days that Kendall been absent from the cheer practice due to her always at the hospital after school.

“Why?” the vice captain asked.

“I mean, she’d been lacking of sleep lately. Not to mention, we have Nationals in less than a week. How the hell she could cope with all that?”

“Well, Cara’s more important than anything for her,” Gigi said as she closed her locker and began to walk out as Joan followed next to her.

“I know that, I’m just worried that’s all,” the stunning dark skin girl said quietly.

“Are you worried more about Kendall or about Cara’s not going to wake up?”

Joan sighed-heavily. “Both. But more about Cara being coma for the rest of her life.”

“Don’t say something like that, Jo! We have to be positive! Well, I need to be positive or I’ll lose my mind. There’s so many things I’m worried about, and I’ll go crazy if I’m losing my shit because all the negativity. So yeah, who knows, maybe that crazy Brit already awake as we speak?” Gigi said, full of hope.