Figure Things Out (pt. 9)

Kendall was stunned. Not because of what Cara had said, but more like how Cara had said it.

“Excuse me?! Who do you think you are?! You have no right to order me what to do!” Kendall snapped, she was going to close the bathroom door back, when Cara suddenly barged into the bathroom.

“Get out Cara!”

“Nope.”

Kendall groaned, why Cara had to be an asshole again tonight! Before their talk in the office, they weren’t even talking, but tonight this was how Cara chose to interact?!

Kendall glared at the British girl who calmly sitting on the marble sink counter.

Fine! You can keep this fucking bathroom, I’m out!” Kendall relented, grabbing her purse.

“With your nipples and your gorgeous thighs showing all over the world? Didn’t know you’re such an exhibitionist,” Cara said calmly, then chuckled when she saw Kendall just realized the reason why she was hiding in this fucking bathroom.

“Ugghhh! Get out Cara!!! Must you ruin this night too?! Didn't you have enough ruining my life for the last 8 months?!” Kendall shouted.

Cara’s calmness suddenly gone, she was angry and looked Kendall straight in the eyes, her eyes went darker, not in a lust kinda way like she used to when they were together, but in a furious kinda way that made Kendall shivered with fear. Kendall gulped, knowing she’d just said the wrong thing. She didn’t even mean it, she was just saying it without thinking.

Cara got down from the sink, walking toward her like a lion to her prey, Kendall walked backward until her back touched the slightly opened door and Cara pushed the door closed with full force it caused a loud bang! She was trapped between Cara and the door and both of the blonde’s hands were next to her body, making sure Kendall couldn’t go anywhere.

Kendall gulped, Cara was so furious she could feel the blonde’s breathe was uneven, Kendall was terrified that Cara would hurt her physically. She closed her eyes, preparing being screamed or probably being slapped.

“Is that really what you think?” Cara almost-whispered instead.

Kendall opened her eyes, surprised that Cara didn’t yell or scream, instead, what Kendall saw was heartbreaking. It was like she saw her Cara back, the one that always looked at her like a lost puppy when Kendall unintentionally hurt the blonde’s feeling.

She didn’t think Cara would take those words to heart.

“Do you really think that I’ve ruined your life? Did you really regret … us?” Cara asked quietly.

At that time there was nothing Kendall wanted to do other than to hugged the blonde, and assured her that those were the best months of her life, those were the happiest moments she’d ever been, and that Cara was the best thing that ever happened in her 18 years she’d lived on.

But instead, she chose to said, “It doesn’t matter anymore, you’ve moved on, and I ….. I’ve moved on, so let’s just … forget about it. It was just part of the past.”

Moved on, my ass . . . Kendall thought.

Cara didn’t say anything, her piercing blue eyes still looking at her, searching for something.

Kendall was nervous under her ex-girlfriend’s gaze. Then in a matter of seconds, Cara pushed herself away from her and walked back to the sink counter, which Kendall couldn’t help being disappointed for her missing warmth.