Proving a Point (pt. 2)

"Fuck !"

Cara was trying to catch her breath. She knew she'd pushed her limit, she was beyond exhausted.

She was sweating, panting, her legs almost giving up, but just few more, one more push...

"Yesss!!"

"Great job, Delevingne!"

"New record! Impressive! I don't know what you've been doing, Cara, but keep doing it!" Coach Martin patted her back proudly.

Cara was still catching her breath. Her hands were on her knees for few moments before she walked languidly to the bench, wiping her sweat with a towel. She took her water bottle and sipped it slowly even though what she really wanted was to drink the whole water in one gulp.

"That's probably the fastest I've seen you," Suki —the pretty blonde girl with an English beauty— said after few moments.

"Absolutely, impressive indeed," Jourdan added, from where they were sitting on the bleacher.

Cara started to stretch, making sure her muscles were no longer tense from the intense run she'd just had.

It was Saturday morning, and Cara went to the morning practice. She wasn't necessarily needed to be there, considering it was the juniors' schedule for early weekend practice. But since she didn't spend Saturday morning with her girlfriend like she usually did, she decided to come anyway.

And of course her British friends decided to join her.

"So what's the plan for today?" Jourdan asked.

"Well—"

"Oh my, if this isn't the infamous London crew." An annoying male voice interrupted Cara.

She could hear Suki giggled.

"Surprised you're still alive, Hazza," Jourdan greeted him.

"Ugh.. what do you want, Styles?!" Cara frowned.

"Always the friendliest, Delevingne," Harry said sarcastically.

"You girls look lovely today, although I wonder why the two of you decided to visit our school? Let me guess, not enough good looking boys like me in that private school of yours?" Harry shamelessly flirted.

"God bless the school that doesn't have Harry Styles in it," Cara replied to him flatly.

Suki and Jourdan just laughed at their antics. They all knew each other due to the community of the Brits that live in LA.

When Cara moved back —the second time— to the US, her father noticed her fell-out friendship with Kendall. Then, since he knew how awkward Cara with new people, he took her to this Brits Expatriate community so she could meet another Brits children. He hoped she could start making friends from there, and he made the right decision because there was where Cara had met Suki, Jourdan and some other kids, including —unfortunately— Harry.

The girls had been best friends ever since, even though they didn't attend the same school.

Cara and Harry were considered as friends at first, since they were both British, both attended the same school, both loved girls, both attractive and both freakin charming. Basically, they were like two peas in a pod.

They went along alright at the beginning, until Kendall decided to date Harry in sophomore year, oblivious that Cara harbored secret feelings for her.

No one in their school knew how Cara felt toward her former childhood friend turned frenemy, except Harry.

So yeah, Cara was still upset with him, because back then he'd still agreed to date Kendall even when he knew exactly how Cara felt.