Mine (pt. 13) - Rewritten

“What’s up with you and Cara?” Gigi asked Kendall the next day, when they were having lunch in the cafeteria.

“What do you mean?” Kendall continued chewing her salad.

“We’re so used with the bickering you two always had in every classes you shared, and lately you like, being chummy and all.” Gigi added.

“Yeah wassup with that, Kenny?” Joan teased.

Even after Kendall threatened Joan not to tell anyone about her and Cara, the stunning dark skin girl still couldn’t help teasing her. Because, the raven haired girl had a personality as much as Kendall was, she didn’t relent that easy. Sure she didn’t spread the word, but it didn’t stop her to make fun her captain weird relationship with her frenemy either.

Kendall glared at Joan subtly, she was going to scold her but Hailey cut her off before she even had a chance to say.

“I know right! It’s always entertaining to watch. And super hot! Like, the sexual tension was so thick we could cut it with a knife. She’s soo hot, and you’re sooo hot. Yumm.... “ Hailey chimed in.

Kendall just rolled her eyes, they were so annoying sometimes she wanted to stab them all, but then again she trusted these three girls more than any of her team mates.

“Nothing happened, the bickering just getting old.” Kendall shrugged, like it wasn’t a big deal.

“Oh come on that’s bullshit! You guys been sitting together —both classes and lunch— like all the time for couple months now, pretty much attached in the hip,” Gigi said.

“So?” Kendall tried to look calm even though she was freaking out on the inside.

“In fact, lately, it’s so rare for us to sit together at lunch since usually you’re with her. Also, I haven’t seen her hoe groupies that used to follow her around like lost puppies.” Gigi continued.

Damn, she’s on the roll today, Kendall frowned.

“Even puppies want to have sex with her,” Hailey said, nodding.

“Eww what the hell... gross!” Kendall scolded her, followed by Gigi and Joan’s giggles.

“Soooo? What happened? Are you guys together or what?” Gigi asked again, curiosity all over her face.

“Nothing happened, we just decided to be civil, that’s all,” Kendall insisted, ignoring the together part on purpose.

It wasn’t like Kendall ashamed about her current affair with Cara, in fact she wanted to flaunt it to the whole school that Cara belonged to her. But she just wasn’t sure what the blonde wanted, and with Kendall’s ego higher than the Eiffel Tower, she was sure as hell wouldn’t start that conversation with the blonde.

Sure, last weekend Cara had asked her to be her girlfriend, but ever since then, the blonde hadn’t asked her again. And Kendall was dying in anticipation, she wanted Cara to ask her again, so she could say yes this time. Especially now that she’d decided Cara would be her first. Kendall really hoped Cara would ask her again, tonight.

The three girls seemed unconvinced, but Kendall just gave them her infamous HBIC glare and they gave up—for now at least. They changed the topic and moved on to bashing Hailey’s ex, Justin, who’d just got caught fucking a freshman this morning under the bleacher.