Acceptant & Confession (pt. 10)

Cara felt she was lost.

When she had left London for good —five years ago— and moved back to LA, Kendall avoided her like a plague; as if the brunette would get contaminated by a deadly disease if she was standing few feet away from the British girl. Basically, her former childhood best friend didn’t want to be near nor associated with Cara by any means.

The blonde knew that Kendall was still upset because she moved to London abruptly and literally disappeared from the brunette three years earlier, when they were still in the fourth grade.

Although in Cara’s defense, it wasn’t her fault that her grandmother was suddenly having a heart attack on Christmas morning, of all day. It wasn’t her fault that her father then spontaneously decided, that he wanted to be on his mother side till the end of her life.

It was also not her fault either that she left her phone accidentally in their old LA house when her parents rushed her to go to the airport.

A day after she had landed in London, her mother received a call from Kendall’s mom, which made Cara restless and excited, knowing Kendall next to her mom. So ten years old Cara screamed and begging her mother so she could speak to her best friend.

But according to Kris, Kendall’s mom, her daughter didn’t want to talk to Cara. As a little child, a rejection like that coming from her best friend —at the time— crushed her feelings.

For almost a week after they settled back in London, Cara felt sick despite nothing was wrong with her physically. Yet somehow she felt weak and feeling awful every single day. She didn’t want to go out from the house for almost a month and that made her parents worried, although it seemed they knew exactly why she was acting that way.

For some reasons, Cara felt that was something missing. Something that was so important to her. Then she realized, it wasn’t something. It wasn’t a thing that she missed dearly, it was a person. A certain someone instead of something.

She missed Kendall.

She missed her best friend. She missed her so much, yet the certain brunette didn’t even want to talk to her. She had to live day by day trying to get used not being attached in the hip with her best friend like she used to, ever since she was five years old.

Day by day had passed, but it didn’t get any easier, despite her parents told her the otherwise.

But when the school year in the UK had started, Cara finally began to adjust. She began better at socializing, she began better at making friends. She wasn’t feeling alienated for once; because finally she was at the same school, same neighborhood, same city, same country where everyone was talking with the same accent as hers.

She felt, maybe, she was finally home.

But then, when her grandmother passed away almost three years after she moved to London, couple months later her father asked her an offer that she couldn’t refuse. He asked her whether she would come with him —as in moving back to LA— or stayed with her mother in London along with her sisters.

Despite she quite enjoying her new life in her hometown, it didn’t take a long time to decide that she would follow her father back to the US. At first, her mother disagreed with her husband’s preposition, but then after a lot of argument and consideration she finally couldn’t stop her husband, considering he received a promising job in one of the most well known private practice with respectable reputation in LA.

So, it had been decided. Cara finally moving back to LA with her dad permanently, and her mom would stay with them half of the month, splitting her time between Cara in LA and her sisters who stayed in London.