A New Beginning (pt. 8)

Once Kendall was in the middle of living room, she was frustrated and yet confused of what happened to the British girl. She stared at Gigi’s bedroom door, wondering if her best friend was there. She really could use any of her advice at that moment.

She walked toward Gigi’s room and knocked. After few long seconds of knocking and no answers, she carefully opened the door and peeked at her best friend’s room.

Kendall groaned disappointingly when the room was empty. She closed the door and went to the kitchen to bring a glass of an orange juice and decided to stay in the living room instead of coming back to her own room.

The brunette couldn’t help to think back of what happened last night after Cara passed out on top of her, the blonde’s tears wetting all over her neck. She was still shocked, and she was still processing what was exactly going on with Cara. She had never seen her girlfriend acting that hostile to her before.

Yet she couldn’t help but to forgive her, she was so in love with her girlfriend she didn’t want to leave her.

She tried to distract her mind from getting into her memory lane as she was lounging on her brand new L shape black sofa, staring blankly into some random TV show. Then almost fifteen minutes later, Kendall heard her bedroom door being opened.

The brunette didn’t even spare a glance toward the door. She was so disappointed and frustrated with her girlfriend.

She could hear Cara was walking slowly, approaching her. She could sense she was being stared at, but didn’t move her gaze from the TV despite never paying attention to whatever it was playing ever since the beginning she turned it on.

After a while; from the corner of her eye Kendall could see Cara sat on the couch next to her, albeit sitting further than she normally was from the brunette. Noticing that Cara wouldn’t sit any closer to her, Kendall sighed loudly, feeling disappointed even more.

“I feel like I don’t deserve you,” Cara then said, breaking the silence between the two of them.

Kendall didn’t respond as she was still sitting facing the TV, even though she was listening. Cara looked at her girlfriend, understood completely that Kendall was giving her a silent treatment.

The blonde felt like she deserved it.

“I’m not the same Cara you knew. I’m not the same Cara you hated in junior high. I’m not the same Cara you dated in high school. I’m not the same Cara after my dad lost everything……” the blonde admitted.

Kendall frowned and finally turned her head, began to look at her girlfriend. Even though she still didn’t let any word came out from her mouth, letting the blonde to continue pouring what’d been bothering her all this time instead.

“I feel like...” Cara cleared her throat nervously, carefully picking the right words so they wouldn’t ended up arguing again.

“I feel like, I’m so inferior comparing to you right now,” she carefully said.

Kendall frowned even deeper, didn’t understand why her girlfriend felt that way.

“I don’t think I could keep up with you anymore. My financial trouble is getting worse, my trust fund can’t cover my basic living expense. It can only cover my pre-med years. I’m not even sure if I could afford medical school, I probably could only cover for the first year or something,” Cara began to explain, as Kendall immediately sitting up, listening to Cara with concern.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?” Kendall asked, she was so shocked hearing Cara’s financial issue. She thought her girlfriend’s trust fund could cover Cara for at least the next five years of living.