Acceptant & Confession (pt. 17)

The first thing she saw was a bright light.

It was so bright she barely could see anything. She kept on blinking her eyes trying to see a glimpse of anything. Anything other than this bright light. She wanted to see something, anything.

Then she saw a blur of a silhouette.

Along with it, she could hear a voice. An unfamiliar voice that kept saying something she couldn’t understand. Her ears were still ringing despite not as loud as before. She could hear the voice that sounded like an echo on her ears. It almost sounded creepy.

Then the silhouette became less blurry.

It felt like her eyes finally able to focus on something. The silhouette becoming clearer and clearer every single second. She finally could see the shape of the silhouette. She finally could see it was a person’s silhouette.

She didn’t know what to expect.

She blinked multiple times, her ears were no longer ringing at this point. Slowly but surely she could hear the voice that no longer echoing on her ears. She finally could hear what they were saying.

They were calling her name.

She blinked some more, trying to focus on her eyesight. She really wanted to see who was calling her.

And just like the universe was listening to her, the light was scattering apart and the silhouette was becoming more and more in shape. She finally could see there was another person in front of her.

She finally could see something, or rather someone.

She finally could hear what that person was saying.

“Cara…..”

That’s my name I think,  she thought.

“Cara…..”

She tried to focus on the person’s face. It was still blurry but at least she could see the shape of their face. She couldn’t see exactly how that person’s face look like specifically, but…

“Cara, can you hear me?”

She stared at that person.

“Cara, blink if you can hear me.”

She blinked, followed by a sigh of relief coming from that person.

“Do you know who you are? Blink once if you do, blink twice if you don’t.”

She blinked once. She heard another a sigh of relief. Louder this time.

“Do you know where you are?”

She blinked twice.

She didn’t hear anything this time.

“Do you know who I am?”

Cara looked at the person, trying to remember the blurry face and the unfamiliar voice she kept on hearing the minute the bright light began to disappear. She took a while to study the person in front of her.

She blinked twice.

And everything went back to black.

—————

“Tell me what’s going on! What happened to Cara?!” Kendall asked in panic.

Suki exchanged glance with Jourdan, they weren’t sure how to explain to their best friend’s ex-girlfriend.

“Please tell me what’s going on?” Kendall pleaded to them.

Jourdan took a deep breath and finally decided to explain. “Her heartbeat went crazy half an hour ago, and then from what I’ve heard she got a seizure or something I’m not quite sure. Now the doctor was still inside the room trying to bring her back,” she explained with a sad expression.