A New Beginning (pt. 6)

They kept talking in that same coffee shop for the next few hours.

Kendall didn’t even realize that they’d been talking that long. The tall brunette had just realized how late it was when one of the workers said the shop would be closed since it was almost ten pm already.

Kendall never thought she would enjoy talking with the icy blue eyed blonde, it felt like the older girl understood her school problem very well. She even offered many solutions, Kendall finally felt she could get some hope.

Who would’ve thought she’d be comfortable talking with a person that wasn’t Cara or Gigi, for hours. So when Stella offered to walk her home, it didn’t take time for the tall brunette to say yes.

“Thank you for walking me home,” Kendall said, in front of her apartment.

Stella smiled charmingly at her and those beautiful blue eyes looking at Kendall sharply. “My pleasure,” she said smoothly.

Kendall couldn’t help comparing the charming girl in front of her with another charming blue eyed girl that she knew very well. The one that always occupied both of her mind and soul. The one that didn’t have icy blue eyes, but having a blue with a tint of green eyes instead. The one that wasn’t as taller as this one, but slightly shorter yet the perfect height for Kendall to wrap her arms around the neck.

Now that she thought about it, why did Cara remind her of a Golden Retriever yet Stella reminded her of a Siberian Husky? They were both charming and beautiful, but Kendall would always pick a golden retriever no matter what.

Did I just make an analogy about my girlfriend being a dog? And seriously what is it with my fascination on blue eyed blonde girl?  Kendall thought.

“Anyway it’s getting late, so I’m gonna go now,” Stella said.

“Oh? You don’t want to come in and have some coffee or…” Kendall immediately stopped herself, noticing how stupid her question was. They were after all, just came from a coffee shop.

Stella chuckled, didn’t hide her amusement. “We just came from the coffee shop, Ken,” she said the obvious, as Kendall smiling bashfully.

Just as Kendall realized what the other girl had called her, she immediately felt weird. Only Cara who usually called her with that nickname. Not even Gigi nor her family called her Ken anymore. Only Cara.

Well, until now, that is… 

Noticing the bothered look on Kendall’s face, Stella immediately corrected herself. “I’m sorry, I can’t call you Ken?”

“Uhh… I dunno, I mean... only Cara calls me that.”

“So nobody can call you Ken, except her?” The tall blonde frowned.

“That’s not what I mean. It’s just, that’s my childhood nickname and she’s part of my childhood as well so… kinda weird hearing it from anyone other than her.” Kendall shrugged, trying not to make it a big deal.

Stella nodded, didn’t want to continue discussing a goddamn nickname that apparently only the almighty Cara Delevingne could use. The tall blonde tried so hard not to roll her eyes over how possessive Cara seemed, or how tight she put Kendall on the leash.

“Okay, I better get going. But, if your girlfriend don’t mind, maybe she can allow us to hang out again?” Stella asked her, her tone somewhat mocking.

“Seriously, what’s your problem with her?” Kendall, once again, being defensive every time someone bad mouthing or even slightly having a problem with her girlfriend.