Profiles

Bongbong and Leni dubbed as the "Political Couple of the Country" has made numerous headlines whether in politics or in their personal married life. And so they're being interviewed many times just like in CNN Philippines' Profiles with Mitzi Borromeo.

"Hello and welcome to Profiles, Senator Bongbong Marcos and VP Leni Marcos!" Mitzi started.

"Hi! Mitzi, thank you for having us. It's been a while." Leni greeted back while Bongbong just smiled.

"Yes,it's been what? 2 years since I have you for an interview." Mitzi agreed. "So now,tell me,what's your reaction when people started to call you as the 'Political Couple of the Country'? How do you feel about that?"

Leni and Bongbong chuckled, "Oh! We're actually surprised." Leni answered. "I was telling him that I felt like entering the showbiz industry." She chuckled.

"Yeah. But you know it's actually fun." He smirked. "People are asking many personal questions and not the typical politics related questions... I find it fun and new."

Mitzi smiled, "And speaking of personal questions... Can you tell us more about how your love story began? How does it happened?"

Bongbong and Leni smirked, "Actually our love story is all about taking risks eh." Leni started, "My parents aren't approved of him as my boyfriend back then..."

"Especially her Dad..." He supported.

"Really?" Mitzi asked.

Leni nodded, "Yeah because during that time,his Dad was the President... They're the first family and we're just a simple family from Naga... My Dad felt like having him as my boyfriend will cause so much complications... And you know politics..."

"Oh okay..." Mitzi nodded. "So what happened next? What did you do Sir?"

"I asked her to run away with me..." He smirked.

"You asked her to run away with you? You mean elope?" Mitzi couldn't believe it.

Bongbong and Leni laughed. "Ridiculous right?" She laughed.

"But you agreed!" Bongbong contradicts. "Patay na patay ka saakin eh!"

"Now that's ridiculous!" Leni playfully rolled her eyes. Bongbong and Mitzi laughed.

"So, pano yun Ma'am,anong sabi ng Daddy nyo? He's probably fuming!" Mitzi chuckled.

"He is!" Bongbong chuckled. "I thought I was going to die anytime soon... I mean, he's a lawyer, he's a judge actually and he can sue me anytime!"

Leni laughed while nodding. "Yeah. I was so scared that time luckily,his Mom and Dad directly went to our house in Naga to talk to my parents and settled everything... After 1 month, I'm officially a Marcos!"

"Wow! That was fast!" Mitzi smirked. "But Ma'am what made you say 'yes' to Senator Bongbong's proposal of eloping?"

"She's madly in love with me!" Bongbong interjected earning a light slap on his arm from Leni. They all laughed.

"He's a liar sometimes!" Leni responded. "But seriously, that time kasi I wasn't 100% sure of him, I was just 22 then and we just turned 4 months as a couple so it was such a really huge decision for me. But when he told me that he was very sure of his plan and that he's sure about me,that's the turning point for me to say 'yes' and run away with him." She shared.

"Wait." Bongbong looked at Leni. "You're not a hundred percent sure of me???"

Leni chuckled. "That was 31 years ago, Mahal! Kasi naman 4 months palang tayo,tanan na kaagad!"