Never Again (VII)

Two weeks before Tricia and Sandro's wedding, everyone was excited and busy at the same time. Tricia and Sandro still balances out their time as they continued to work while preparing for the big day. Luckily, Leni, Bongbong together with Risa, Grace, Nancy, Win, Neil and Migz are helping them out with the preparations.

They were having some snacks at the garden talking about the things they must do in connection with the upcoming wedding when Bongbong's phone suddenly rang. Due to reflexes, Leni accidentally saw the caller's name:

Honey
Calling...

She was a bit confused and alarmed by what she saw. It alarmed her more when her husband stood up and took the call privately. It's wrong for her to think that her husband is cheating on her again, she might be overthinking. She calmed herself down and thought it would be better if she would talk to him about it.

—-

Leni just got out from the supermarket after she bought some groceries, she was walking towards the parking lot when she saw some familiar faces. She decided to hide from a far discreetly observing two people chatting. She just confirmed that it was really her husband talking to a woman. She listened to them intently.

"Are you sure ayaw mong ihatid kita?" Bongbong asked the woman.

The woman smiled, "No need to do that Bong. Baka may makakita pa saatin, mahirap na." She joked.

"You have a point." Bongbong smirked. "But anyway, it was nice catching up with you, Liza." He kissed the woman cheek-to-cheek.

"Take care, Bong. See you soon!" The woman drove away leaving Bongbong behind.

Leni was taken aback, her feet froze after witnessing what happened. She couldn't even move. The woman she just saw with her husband was the same woman who ruined her family 14 years ago. Liza was Bongbong's mistress. She didn't know what to feel anymore, she said she will talk to him but then again she's afraid to know the truth. The memories and the pain she felt 14 years ago suddenly flashed back. She rushed back to where her car was and cried.

—-

Bongbong entered their room and saw his wife sitting on the bed quietly, he smiled and hugged her from behind.

"How's my lovely wife?" He asked as he kissed her cheek.

She didn't utter any words, she seemed to ignored him. He frowned, "Mahal, are you okay?"

She looked at him with teary eyes, "Bong, magsabi ka nga ng totoo, may babae ka ba?"

He was stunned with her sudden question, "What? Where did it came from?"

She started to cry, "I saw you earlier with Liza."

He kneeled in front of her and make her look at him, "Hey, it's nothing okay?"

She looked at him with her drenched cheeks, "Bong kung ayaw mo na talaga, you can tell me. I don't want to experience what I have experienced before."

He holds her hands together, "Leni, that's nothing. Wala—"

"And who's honey? The one who called you every day?" She interrupted.

He frowned, "Leni, that's —"

"Pagod na pagod na ako Bong." She cried in agony.

He kissed her hands, "Leni please, just trust me."

She shake her head, "I don't know how to trust you anymore."

He buried his head on her lap, "Leni please, don't do this." He knew this kind of conversation very well.

She cried harder, "Pagod na pagod na ako sa relasyon na to."

—-

The next morning, Tricia smiled upon waking up. She was at the kitchen helping out their cooks in preparing breakfast when she saw her Dad making his way down with his luggage.

"Pa, where are you going?" She asked with a fear in her head.

"Anak, Sorry but I have to go." He replied vaguely.

She frowned, "Ha? But why? What happened?"

He just smiled sadly, "Your Mama and I need some rest."

She started to cry, "That's the same words you told me 14 years ago when you're leaving."

He dried her tears using his thumbs, "Anak, I'm sorry but your Mama and I need to do this. Mas mabuti kung maghiwalay muna kami. We need to think muna anak."

She cried harder, it's the least thing she wanted to her, "Please papa, don't do this. Don't leave again, please."

He hugged her daughter, seeing her like that makes him miserable. "Everything will be alright, anak. We'll work it out."

Tricia cried for a minute or so before her father released her from the hug, "Papa please, don't leave me." She begged.

"Anak, I'm sorry but I have to." He replied. "But I promise I will always be here for you. You will always be my princess."

She hugged him again, "I love you Papa."

He kissed her temple, "I love you more, Princess."

After an emotional goodbye, Tricia accompanied her dad outside, she suddenly saw her Mom looking at them from the glass window upstairs.

"Ma!" She called her. "Papa's leaving."

Leni just nodded.

Bongbong looked up, "I hope you're happy."

Leni just looked away preventing her tears to roll down from her eyes.

"I love you." Bongbong shouted making Leni feel more broken-hearted.

Then off he go.

Seeing him left again made her downcast. It's like dying for the second time. It was the least thing she wanted but it's for the benefit of all, she thought. She doesn't want to repeat what happened years ago so she just decided to cut it off this early. But it hurts still.

She was afraid. She was afraid of the pain and all the discomfort she might get and experience once again because of staying in love with him. She just wanted a peaceful life, a contented and a happy one. She know that it will never happen when she is with him.

"Maybe we were meant to fall in love with each other but we're not meant to be together, Mahal." She whispered to herself while seeing him leave.

A lone tear fell from her sad eye.

To be continued...

💛❤️