30 years (VI)

He smiled before he opened his eyes as he remembered what happened to them last night,it was full of love and desire for each other but his reminiscing got interrupted when he realized that he's alone in bed. He cleared his vision but still,there's no Leni lying by his side.

He panicked so he immediately dressed up and started to search for her on the restroom first then around the house. He kept on calling her until he saw Imee and Aika having some tea on the garden.

"Aiks,nasaan ang Mama mo? I can't find her." He asked.

"Hi! Papa,good morning po." Aika greeted him first. "Si Mama po kanina pa nakaalis. Mga 7:30 po,may emergency daw po eh so she rushed back in Naga."

"What?!" He almost exclaimed. "Bakit hindi ko alam? Hindi man lang ako ginising!" He expressed annoyingly,he was sure that Leni intentionally did that to escape from what just happened to them last night.

Aika shrugged,she was quite surprised by her Dad's sudden annoyance. Imee looked at him and asked for a private talk which Aika gladly permitted,she excused herself.

Imee looked at him suspiciously, "I know what happened last night."

He looked at her stunned 😳, "How?"

She smirked, "I saw you two kissing last night. Then you closed the door,and the rest is history..."

He sighed. "I love her."

"I know." Imee said.

"But-"

"Get her back."

---

Leni arrived in Naga and directly went to her Mom's house in Tabuco. She immediately engaged her Mom in a serious conversation confessing what happened to her and Bongbong.

"Ha? May nangyari saindo?" (Ha? May nangyari sainyo?) Sally,her Mom exclaimed.

Leni panicked. "Mommy,luway-luway man kang boses mo. Baka madangog kang kataraid." (Mommy,dahan-dahan naman ng boses mo. Baka marinig ka ng kahit bahay.)

"Ay! O,di pano yan? Anong plano mo ngunyan? Siguradong masunod to digdi." (Ay! O,di paano ngayon yan? Anong plano mo? Siguradong susunod yun dito.) Sally asked.

Leni sighed,she knew that already. "Mommy,dai ko na aram. Dai ko na talaga aram." (Mommy,hindi ko na alam. Hindi ko na talaga alam.)

Sally looked at her daughter with sympathy. "Just follow your heart,Leni."

---

Leni managed to smile as she entered the premises of Naga RTC,her mind was still occupied by him but decided to drown herself into work so she can forget about him. Unfortunately, her smile slowly faded away as she spotted him inside being surrounded by other employees,taking selfies and asking autograph from him.

Leni's heartbeat turned faster,she bowed her head and hastened her walk discreetly but she didn't escape his eyes. "Judge Gerona!" Bongbong called aiming to walk towards her but she just ignored him and continued to walk. "Leni, I love you!" He said a bit louder gaining the attention of all the employees who's currently inside. Leni paused and slowly turned to him,frowning. "I said, I love you!" He repeated. Everyone was looking at them now.

"What are you doing?" Leni asked,alarmed.

"Bakit ka umalis after nung nangyari saatin?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" She acted clueless.

"The other night alam mong may nangyari saatin. We make love. Why did you leave?" He elaborated surprising everyone.

Her eyes grew bigger as she can felt all eyes on her. She immediately went to him and dragged him out, "Can you tone down your voice?! Oh! My god, Bong! This is so embarrassing." She scolded him.

He resisted and held her shoulders aiming to make her steady, "Leni please. Just give me another chance. I love you. Just trust me again."

She harshly withdrew from his grip, "Bong,puwede ba! Tama na kasi. Some things are better left forgotten at isa dun ay yung saatin!"

He paused,it hurts him so much to hear such from her. She knew she had caused him pain that moment but she was certain with her decision - DO NOT TAKE THE RISK!!! So,she exhaled heavily earning her courage to turned around and started to walk away from him but before she could take the stairs going up,he spoke.

"Leni please,I'm still hoping it's you and me in the end." His voice cracked. She paused,her eyes turned blurry because of tears but she managed to suppress it. "Leni,just another chance and I will prove it you that I deserve you. That I deserve Aika. Hindi na kita iiwan,hindi na ako maduduwag just like what happened 30 years ago. Leni,I'll fight for you this time. I love you." He expressed.

Leni slowly turned to him revealing her crying face. "And I love you too." She professed giving so much joy to him and to everyone who's listening but the joy instantly vanished when she spoke again. "But I'm scared. Too scared to choose you again. Too scared to take the risk again. Bong,natatakot akong maiwan ulit. Natatakot ako na baka pag minahal na naman kita saktan mo lang ako. Pagod na rin ako-"

"Marry me!" He cut her off.

She dried her tears using her hands. "What?!"

He slowly walked towards her and took out the small red box from his pocket and revealed a diamond ring, "Leni,please. Marry me. Marry me and I promise to not let go again. Marry me,please." He "propose" to her,it's now or never,he thought.

She was actually surprised with what's happening,she was even more torn and pressured as everyone turned quiet waiting for her answer. "Bong-"

"Marry him!" Someone spoke from the entrance. Everyone's head turned to see who it was. Surprisingly, it was,

"Aika,anak!" Leni exclaimed. "Mommy? Tita? Ate Imee? Wait what are you doing here?" She asked after seeing them all together.

Aika chuckled. "Back-up,Mama."

"Back-up?" Leni asked,even more confused of their presence.

"Um. Back-up. You know,in case-" Bongbong tried to explain but Leni cut him off.

"In case I refuse to marry you!" Leni said. He nodded shyly. "My goodness! You're harassing me! You're not giving me an option." She retorted.

"Mama,just accept the ring. Accept Papa's proposal,he loves you." Aika interrupted.

Leni frowned, "What?! Ano kaba naman Jessica Marie,talagang kinampihan mo pa tong Tatay mo! Atsaka pati ba naman ikaw Mommy-"

"Leni,I told you to follow your heart." Sally interrupted silencing Leni.

"Just yes or yes,Mahal." Bongbong followed with his teasing smile. He was certain that Leni would say yes because of Aika,Sally,Imelda and Imee. She grunted and harshly slapped his right arm. "Aray! What's that for?!" He protested.

"Nakakainis ka!!!" Leni yelled. "Naiinis ako sa'yo!"

He chuckled, "Is that a yes?"

She grunted loudly again. "Naiinis talaga ako sa'yo Ferdinand Marcos,Jr.!"

He laughed this time as he knew she wouldn't have any option but to say yes. "So yes na nga? You're going to marry me?"

She glared at him and crossed her arms on her chest, "Okay. Fine." She said with no enthusiasm. Everyone squealed and clapped their hands as if someone won a singing contest.

Bongbong immediately slipped the ring on her ring finger and kissed the back of her hand, "I love you,Mahal." He professed and kissed her lips.

"I love you too,Mahal." She smiled as her eyes twinkle ✨.

---

In the end,we only regret the chances we didn't take,relationships we're afraid to have and decisions we waited too long to make.

💛❤️