30 years (III)

The following days was a dream come true for Aika,she felt the completeness as Bongbong came into their lives although Leni still have a cold relationship with him,Aika relentlessly supported her dad to get back with her mom.

Bongbong kept on visiting his mag-ina during the early morning hours for over a week. He always brought breakfast and green tea as he knew Leni loved it. Aika continued to give trivia and fun facts about her mom to help her dad and always instructed him with what's the next step. Bongbong obviously followed his daughter's advise but Leni wouldn't take the bait making him struggle.

"Bye,anak!" Leni kissed Aika's temple as she was leaving for work early in the morning.

"You're leaving already? Hindi kapa kumakain." Bongbong remarked as she didn't eat breakfast yet.

"Text mo ako kapag may kailangan ka ha. Bye, I love you." Leni continued to talk to Aika as if Bongbong doesn't exist.

"Leni,kain kana muna. Masarap itong mga dala ko." He uttered again trying to get her attention.

Leni's smile faded away and shifted into a deadly glare as she looked at him. "Wala akong gana." And she completely stormed out of the house.

He sighed. Aika rubbed his back to deliver comfort. "Okay lang yan Papa. Just be patient." She cheered him up.

The following days was a major operation for Bongbong and Aika as they didn't get any progress with him getting back with Leni. She intentionally skip breakfast to avoid getting interaction with him,didn't reply to his text messages nor doesn't answer his calls,doesn't accommodate him whenever he's visiting and can't stand with him for a minute.

He went to Naga RTC bringing a bouquet of flowers and a pack of chocnuts. He was greeted warmly by the people there but got cold treatment from Leni.

"What are you doing here?" She asked coldly looking so intimidating as she has her eyeglasses on her nose. "Aika's not here,you can go."

"I'm not here for Aika. I'm here for you." He said taking her attention.

"What do you want? Okay na kayo ni Aika diba,she call you Papa and can visit her anytime you want so why bother me?!" She retorted.

"Um, for you." He handed her the bouquet and the paper bag he's holding. "Please take it."

She sighed and accepted the flowers and the paper bag but still her annoyance was evident. "Okay na? You can leave now Mr. Senator. I have cases to review."

"Leni naman,please don't be too harsh on me. I'm making my way to get you back." He stated.

She frowned. "Making your way to get me back? What were you thinking,huh? Bong puwede ba tama na,yung saatin ay matagal nang wala. Just be grateful that I'm letting you see my daughter."

"Leni please naman just trust me again. I'll do anything para lang maging tayo ulit. Liligawan kita. Leni I'm willing to wait. Just give me another chance." He pleaded.

"Bong tama na okay?!" She exclaimed. "I'm so tired of getting false hope and being disappointed all over again. Tama na Bong,ayoko na."

"Leni, I love you." He professed with teary eyes.

She suddenly felt a sting on her chest. "Bong please,spare me from pain."

He wiped his tears and quietly leave her office.

---

Two days later, Leni invited her friend, Siege over lunch to talk about Bongbong. She has been thinking of him since he professed his feelings for her,she can't focus as his words kept on replying on her mind. She needs to be enlightened.

"Dai ko na aram gigibohon ko." (Hindi ko na alam gagawin ko.) Leni started sounding so confused.

Siege sighed. "Pasil man sana iyan,Lens. Kung anong namamati mo di sunudon mo." (Madali lang naman yan,Lens. Kung anong nararamdaman mo di sundin mo.)

"Dai ko ngani aram. Tano kaya ta kaipuhan nya pa magbalik? Okay naman baga ako. Maogma na ako." (Hindi ko nga alam. Bakit ba kasi kailangan nya pang bumalik? Okay na naman ako. Masaya na ako.) Leni stated.

Siege looked at her unconvinced. "Sigurado kang maogma ka? O mas maogma ka pag yaon siya? (Sigurado kang masaya ka? O mas masaya ka kapag nandiyan siya?) The truth is,you're not happy so stop pretending."

Leni sighed. "It's hard to forget when memories are pulling you back."

---

Leni opened her twitter account and checked her notifications,her eyes automatically focused when she saw his name.

In case you missed @bongbongmarcos' tweet
"It hurts when you have someone in your heart but you can't have them in your arms. Just another chance,Mahal."

Leni removed her eyeglasses as it started to turned blurry due to tears. She felt so much emotions that she can't determine what to do next. She's not sure if he's worth taking the risk.

Bongbong on the other side felt so disconsolate with the thought that he can't have her back. He was certain that Leni is the one for her that he intentionally didn't settle down as he was still waiting for her and still hoping that he'll end up with her. His controversial tweet gained a lot of comments and reactions from the public,paparazzi are now swarming him questions about the woman. Many speculations have been raised but none of them was confirmed by Bongbong himself.

Bongbong told Aika what happened and decided to go home in Ilocos where his Mom and Sister,Imee was staying. He knew that Ilocos is where he can find the solacement that he needs. Imelda welcomed her son as soon as he arrived,she knew why he came home so she engaged him in a conversation immediately.

"Hi! Bongets!" Imelda kissed his cheeks. "How are you? How's Aika?"

He smiled. "Aika's okay mom. We really had a good time together. We have so many similarities that's why we get along well. Ang bait na bata."

"That's good to hear,anak." Imelda remarked. "How about Leni? How is she? Kumusta kayo?"

His enthusiasm suddenly disappeared as he remembered his current situation with Leni. He felt sad again. "Um. We're okay mom."

She looked at him unconvinced. "Come on,Bongets. I'm your mom,I know you from head to toe. I know that you and Leni are not okay. Imee told me about your controversial tweet the other day and we believe that you're referring to Leni. Am I right?"

"Yeah. It's for Leni." He sighed. "I told her that I still love her and that I'm willing to wait for her but the feeling is not mutual anymore." He shared as tears started to form in his eyes. "She lost her trust for me,Mom. She hates me so much and I deserve all this. Pinabayaan ko sila ng anak namin." He continued and cried.

Imelda hugged him instantly,she felt her son's pain as she saw how he suffered with what he have done in the past. "Bongets,you already admitted na mali ka. Ang gawin mo ngayon is bumawi sa mag-ina mo. Don't give up on Leni."

---

The worst battle is between what you know and what you feel.

❤️💛