Not so Happy Holidays VI

Leni has been focusing on her work weeks after they confirmed that she's not pregnant. She overworked herself, spending days and nights at the office and communities they've been helping. She initiated programs and seminars to the different sectors they adopted with the goals of making people understand their rights under the law. She's good at what she does. She loves helping people.

On the other hand, Bongbong was a bit worried about his wife. She might act her normal self, he knew that something is going on to his wife. He doesn't see the usual spark and enthusiasm in her ever since the doctor broke the news to them that she's not pregnant. It shattered him. He knew that Leni's feeling the same but double the intensity. He tried to distract her from the pain and disappointment she's feeling but it doesn't seem to work.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" He whispered, hugging her close to him as they settled themselves in bed.

She frowned, "Like where?"

He shrugged, "Anywhere you like. Bakasyon tayo with the kids."

She finally looked at him, "Kaya ba ng schedule mo?"

"I will always make time for you and our girls." He kissed her forehead.

"Okay." She smiled.

---

Leni went on with the work that she does. Today, she's traveling to one of the communities they adopted in Masbate. She's with her colleagues, Cariz, Edith, and Bolet who are all lawyers. She told Bongbong and their kids that she will be gone for 4 days and 3 nights since it was a bit far so they needed to deliver all their materials and modules to the community.

"Punta tayo sa may court, may konti daw padinner si Kap." Cariz invited her colleagues.

"Bakit sa court?" Edith asked.

"Invited yata buong barangay." Cariz said. "Saka part yata ng celebration nila kasi fiesta sa makalawa."

"Ooh! Sige sige. Para libre pagkain." Edith giggled.

Bolet observed Leni as she placed her phone on the window hoping she might get a signal reception. "Ikaw Lens, sasama ka ba?"

"Ha?" Leni turned around to face them. "Ano ngang meron? Sorry."

Bolet laughed, "May pakain si Kap. Saka may sayawan. Invited tayo. Tara na, mas makakahanap ka ng signal dun."

"If hindi ka makahanap ng signal, maiintindihan naman yun ni Bongbong. Saka para mamiss nyo ang isa't-isa jusko palagi nalang kayong magkadikit." Edith joked making everyone laugh.

Leni blushed, "Grabe kayo saakin. Gusto ko lang naman kumustahin yung mag-aama ko."

They've soon decided to went out from their small guest house and head to the court where the small celebration is happening. When they got there, they were all smiles as they observed how everyone is present and interacting with each other. They saw a lot of food too. They were soon greeted by some of the locals there and ushered to their table with the Barangay Officials. They engaged themselves in conversation as they savor the food presented to them.

"Lens, tumatawag yata si Bongbong." Cariz pointed at Leni's phone after noticing the screen lit up.

Leni was a bit startled, she immediately answered the call and excused herself , "Hello, daddy?"

"Hi, mommy! How are you?" Bongbong answered, "Where are you? Bakit parang maingay ang background mo?"

"Nasa sayawan ako dy."

"Sayawan?"

"Fiesta kasi pala dito sa makalawa so may konting celebration. Saka may pa dinner si Kap."